Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idiots

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Why is it a disgrace?

People pay their money and so are entitled to their say, just happens you might not agree with their opinion.

It seems that you really struggle to cope with the fact that people have different opinions to yours.

Oh and Hawkins was a complete disgrace today, could probably be sacked for gross misconduct.

Oh how funny, that old point again, 'I can't seem to understand that people have different opinions to me.' Well I can, I'm well aware people don't like Hawkins, but this isn't about an opinion on whether a player is good or not, this is booing your own player, that is entierly different. Like I said, there are certain players I don't like, that wouldn't mean I would agree when somebody booed them off, I would still think it was a disgrace.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Ah, so you're suggesting you want the club to go bust?

I don't believe that those few mindless morons who think that they are so important that they can do whatever they like because their attendance is the only thing that is keeping the club alive.

I know of other fans who would go more often but have been put off from attending by these moaning w@nkers, these are the people who would return and fill in any shortfall from the so called fans who deliberately turn up to have a moan, whatever is happening on the pitch rather than to be entertained watching a game of football.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If I pay nearly 500 quid a season (with cup games taken into account on top of season ticket) and I think someone is shit then I am fully entitled to say so.

I don't often exercise this right as it is pretty counterproductive but occasionally, just occasionally (like when a defender under NO pressure dives to power a header into his own net and moments later cocks up AGAIN for the equaliser after WEEKS of poor play in general) frustration gets the better of me and I let out a mouthful.

Maybe I just have higher expectations for the team, like a defender who can defend and a team who can compete at home against a shit Hartlepool team...

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
If I pay nearly 500 quid a season (with cup games taken into account on top of season ticket) and I think someone is shit then I am fully entitled to say so.

I don't often exercise this right as it is pretty counterproductive but occasionally, just occasionally (like when a defender under NO pressure dives to power a header into his own net and moments later cocks up AGAIN for the equaliser after WEEKS of poor play in general) frustration gets the better of me and I let out a mouthful.

Maybe I just have higher expectations for the team, like a defender who can defend and a team who can compete at home against a shit Hartlepool team...

An own goal or poor play is not an excuse to boo a player off. Do you not think he knows he made a terrible mistake, do you not think he already feels shit about what happened. I'm guessing yes, so what he doesn't need is a bunch of mindless neandertals unable to control their knee-jerk reactions.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I didn't say I BOO. I also never mentioned boo'ing anyone off.

I said I might let out a 'For f'SAKE Hawkins' or something similar.

Try reading people's posts before coming over all SUPER fan on them eh?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was extradited to Q Block yesterday in the North Stand. There was a group of 50 somethings who spouted off non-stop about how bad pretty much every player was, tactics, manager, board, everything. They just didn't stop, absolutly nothing was omitted from their bileous whingeing. It was like watching a thread by the usual suspects on NSC "live".

If I get booted from my seat again to accomodate a couple of dozen northerners, I shall demand to come and sit in the South Stand, near the whingers mentioned on here, it would be less depressing.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't say I BOO. I also never mentioned boo'ing anyone off.

I said I might let out a 'For f'SAKE Hawkins' or something similar.

Try reading people's posts before coming over all SUPER fan on them eh?

How is not wanting to boo a player off coming over all super fan. I wasn't aiming it purely at you, it was to anybody that, for the reasons you outlined, think it's ok to boo or shout abuse at players.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How is not wanting to boo a player off coming over all super fan. I wasn't aiming it purely at you, it was to anybody that, for the reasons you outlined, think it's ok to boo or shout abuse at players.

Just out of interest, what do you do when you see people booing? Do you actually have a go at them? You seem to get quite passionate about it after the event....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oh how funny, that old point again, 'I can't seem to understand that people have different opinions to me.' Well I can, I'm well aware people don't like Hawkins, but this isn't about an opinion on whether a player is good or not, this is booing your own player, that is entierly different. Like I said, there are certain players I don't like, that wouldn't mean I would agree when somebody booed them off, I would still think it was a disgrace.

But some express their opinion by booing that player. Whether it is right or not it happens, so sadly just deal with it. Although I am sure you will continue to moan and attack all those on here that dare to think differently from yourself.

D

Deleted User X18H

I sat in front of Tom Frasers old man yesterday you certainly wouldn't f*** around with him...........oh his old man !!!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Me and booing.

Yes I have booed, but not targetted individual players because I think that is wrong - it's a team effort and although Hawkins mistake (for example) was his mistake only it wasn't for a lack of trying just a lack of thought. I'm all for the individual but when all they ever say is negative, and they will demoralise players before they've even come on (see first post) then yes I do havea problem with it. I am sure many fans do think I'm a prick, but does that give me no right to think others are? Can you judge Adams as a manager when you'#ve never been a manager? Course you can, you can do it hypothetically it's just the validity of the claim which comes under scrutiny.

Me and telling the person.

That's what I was basically asking, but is there any room for that to be honest? He sounds like a completely illogical idiot. I have heard others talk to him (I prosume it's him because he sits a fair bit behind me) and been met with a torrent of abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here