Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for a NEW pre-match Amex video

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They'd have to open the Amex ridiculously early to show that.

Show it as a number of episodes and then we can move onto some of the other EXCELLENT ideas above. I'd also like to see a loop of Murray's misses from Gillingham away from 3 seasons ago where he couldn't hit a barn door to save his life.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I made a video several months before the club released theirs.

It contained the same music, the same clips (in the same order) and even a similar closing shot.

I think I'll keep my ideas to myself this time. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ring-a-ring-a-roses?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hinsh OWN GOAL against Col Utd boxing day a few years ago.

Colin Hawkins getting sent off about 6 secs after coming on.

The MANY comedy fending moments under Adams MKII incl the Luton away JPT and the Hawk again with the diving headed oggy.

That Hawkins sending off was pure class. It's difficult to top the stupidly and speed of that red card even if you tried. One of my favourite moments was when Hinsh wellied a clearance over the south stand and watched it sail away into the distance....as an opponent grabbed a multi-ball and played on whilst Hinch was still admiring his satellite bothering effort.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Fatboy Slims' Right Here Right Now, With Goals from this season flashed in rhythm with the music..

And Emotional slow mo's of players celebrating..

Slow Mo's of Supporters with there arms up in the air..

All in time with the music.. a real modern Upbeat theme is needed.

Er....

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
There was definitely a lot of frustration in the air on Saturday and Tuesday. Fans getting fed up?

But as someone said on Twitter earlier, our current situation (stadium, players, manager, league position etc etc) is FKCKING AMAZING considering where we were just a few years ago.

So maybe the pre-match video at the Amex should remind us of that before each and every game?

What would YOU include?

I'll start with a clip of DRENCHED fans at Withdean during the infamous Friday night Rochdale match. God, that was bleak.

You mean the 4-3, in 1999? I got pleurisy from that match! Hadnt got my wet weather gear sorted at that stage as it was still the first season at Withdean. Went for "layers" rather than "waterproofing". The sleet came down incessantly - the South STand was like Base Camp 2 on Everest. We went 2 goals down and I thought about leaving due to the sleet and rain, and my lack of waterproofing, but suddenly Harty and co started a fightback.... and so I stayed ... sure enough, we were 3-2 up and not a care in the world. ANd then - suddenly we were 4-3 down again... splodged home, with a chest infection and was off work for 3 weeks! Ah..... I was thinking of that game on Saturday, sitting in the West Upper, dry as a bone as the rain lashed down on the Forest match...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What I don't understand is why, just as everyone is getting louder, they stop all music and videos. There seems to be set times to play the video. One is 10 mins before KO and the other 5 mins. Between the two it goes quiet (maybe changing the VHS tape!). We need sing-a-long music right up to the moment of KO to get some noise going.

No, no we don't. The whole reason for the pause is to allow the fans to sing, rather than drown the atmosphere with music. And for big games, where the away fans sing too, it works well.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Fatboy Slims' Right Here Right Now, With Goals from this season flashed in rhythm with the music..

And Emotional slow mo's of players celebrating..

Slow Mo's of Supporters with there arms up in the air..

All in time with the music.. a real modern Upbeat theme is needed.

Have we scored enough goals to last that long? (Sorry!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There was definitely a lot of frustration in the air on Saturday and Tuesday. Fans getting fed up?

But as someone said on Twitter earlier, our current situation (stadium, players, manager, league position etc etc) is FKCKING AMAZING considering where we were just a few years ago.

So maybe the pre-match video at the Amex should remind us of that before each and every game?

What would YOU include?

I'll start with a clip of DRENCHED fans at Withdean during the infamous Friday night Rochdale match. God, that was bleak.

Great idea. And some footage of THAT Walsall game. And a small Colin Hawkins montage..?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most of the JCL's never went to the Withdean. :shrug:

I think you'd be suprised at the % that had indeed gone to Withers. I know loads of new STH and people who never used to go regularly but they all tasted Withers - even if only a couple of times. Don't buy into the Palace bullshit mate ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here