Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Iconic 70’s Anthems. Best openings

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lucky to have seen these do this at The Nashville.

Scenes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Elvis died when I recorded Heartbreak Hotel"

Yes. Yes, he did.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lucky to have seen these do this at The Nashville.

Scenes.

I have the album, and it's more listenable than many of its ilk/era.

This is also weapons grade and ground breaking in a small way. . . . .also listenable as an album.

edit . . .oops, I thought it was the debut album thread, either way . . .all valid

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Though my Dad hated my music, but in recent times has said that I was right about the greatness of Joy Division and New Order.
I'm pretty sure my Dad's exactly the right demographic for this thread. Well, this and when somebody inevitably starts an "iconic 60s anthems" thread. Not sure he ever got on board with anything from later than about 1978.

I remember him playing Cream and The Who in the car, both of who I'd have up in my top 10 favourite bands without question now, but only after I found them for myself rather than him telling me that "Cream were the first supergroup" while on the way to clean some toilets or something.

Oh, that reminds me. Great opening, even if it drags on and a bunch of it's drum solo.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I like this thread, gives me a chance to post this

I feel I have to comment here . I have worked in the mental health field for many many years , and I would like to try and reassure people that we don't tend to think someone may be insane because they are frowning all the time .

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I feel I have to comment here . I have worked in the mental health field for many many years , and I would like to try and reassure people that we don't tend to think someone may be insane because they are frowning all the time .
I think it's fair to guess that Geezer Butler didn't know or care what "paranoid" actually means when writing the lyrics.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm pretty sure my Dad's exactly the right demographic for this thread. Well, this and when somebody inevitably starts an "iconic 60s anthems" thread. Not sure he ever got on board with anything from later than about 1978.

I remember him playing Cream and The Who in the car, both of who I'd have up in my top 10 favourite bands without question now, but only after I found them for myself rather than him telling me that "Cream were the first supergroup" while on the way to clean some toilets or something.

Oh, that reminds me. Great opening, even if it drags on and a bunch of it's drum solo.

We loved and still love our Dad’s music, as we knew it literally from day one. But by early/mid 80’s we clashed on stuff, the usual teenager versus parent scenario. When I found his new interest in Dire Straits irritating :lol: . I saved much of his angst by using a lovely set of Sennheiser headphones at night.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
You might not expect to see The Osmonds selected on this thread, but as the first single I bought with my own money, I consider it iconic (and pretty untypical :lolol: ):

Then of course there's this stonker from Alice Cooper ...

And finally, this monster from Deep Purple :rock:

HyperTony

May 20, 2023
I think both are equally fantastic in their own way. Hyacinth House is my favourite from the album though. The whole album is beautiful farewell ( IMO)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have the album, and it's more listenable than many of its ilk/era.

This is also weapons grade and ground breaking in a small way. . . . .also listenable as an album.

edit . . .oops, I thought it was the debut album thread, either way . . .all valid

Saw the Saints supporting the Ramones :thumbsup: Perfect day was better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here