Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] ICF's Bill Gardiner allegedly gave Russell Bishop a good hiding in the nick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I obviously have no sympathy for that monster, but it doesn't give this bloke any more credibility for trying to gain some kind of high ground through moral thuggery. He attacked him because he loves violence and needed little excuse on this occasion. Whilst folk care little that Bishop was harmed, it gives this bloke no better standing.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

The timing of the revelation seems strange, but whatever, if he did give Bishop a slap, take a bow Bill. :thumbsup:

Not sure why The Sun have just come out with this - the interview is over two years old !!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The timing of the revelation seems strange, but whatever, if he did give Bishop a slap, take a bow Bill. :thumbsup:
I thought it was Carlton Leach of the ICF who inspired ROTFS series?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great headline opportunity missed here: "BASH THE BISHOP!"

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
This would be the same Sun that was the sister paper of the News of the World, who paid Bishop £15k for an exclusive the weekend after Haeems got him off. They seem to have forgotten to mention that!
Haems didn't get him off, it was the incompetency of the Sussex Police that resulted in his acquittal and the fact his partner at the time withdrew her claim that the Pinto sweatshirts was owned by Bishop, thus removing a huge part of the case against him.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Haems didn't get him off, it was the incompetency of the Sussex Police that resulted in his acquittal and the fact his partner at the time withdrew her claim that the Pinto sweatshirts was owned by Bishop, thus removing a huge part of the case against him.
It was both aspects, the former which was the line that Haeems pursued, that the sweatshirt could have been cross contaminated. Johnson going back on her story certainly didn’t help either.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I thought it was Carlton Leach of the ICF who inspired ROTFS series?
It was, Leach and his relationship with the three murdered at Rettendon.

A minor character does appear in the first film with the same name as the fella who gave Bishop a slap but it’s a massive leap to claim he was the inspiration for the film series.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
It was both aspects, the former which was the line that Haeems pursued, that the sweatshirt could have been cross contaminated. Johnson going back on her story certainly didn’t help either.
Yes I get that, however as his clients solicitor that's how it works, they will pursue every avenue they can in order to secure their release/ acquittal regardless of how they feel about their clients guilt / innocence.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
there was a rumour that the Home Office pathologist who gave evidence for the prosecution had a bad stammer, and the defence suggested that his evidence could not be trusted as he was very hesitant with his replies

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
there was a rumour that the Home Office pathologist who gave evidence for the prosecution had a bad stammer, and the defence suggested that his evidence could not be trusted as he was very hesitant with his replies
In the book about the case 'a question of evidence' there was no mention of this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I obviously have no sympathy for that monster, but it doesn't give this bloke any more credibility for trying to gain some kind of high ground through moral thuggery. He attacked him because he loves violence and needed little excuse on this occasion. Whilst folk care little that Bishop was harmed, it gives this bloke no better standing.
What a hero eh? :nono:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Easy to blame incompetency. The coppers on the original case were as certain as could be that Bishop was their man, just did not have the evidence to prove it at that time.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Easy to blame incompetency. The coppers on the original case were as certain as could be that Bishop was their man, just did not have the evidence to prove it at that time.
Fair point. I'd say they had the evidence but once his GF said the Pinto sweatshirt wasn't his all of the forensic links they had fell apart. They also said they were convinced about the girls time of death and that at the trial, the Judge told the jury they couldn't be certain RB was in the vicinity at that time they should acquit him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here