Votes: 17 43.6%
  • The Match To Be Off Due To A Bizarre Gardening Accident

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
306-8 innings closed.

In other news England crawling to 8-0 after 3.2 overs.
God have we still got games left? This tournament is just the most dull world cup of any sport at any time in history. I think there's been one close exciting game across the whole tournament, the four semi final qualifiers have been known for weeks, the stadiums have nearly always been half empty, and, apart from England's abject failure, its only Afghanistan upsetting a few teams that's been notable. And that's the Afghanistan that should be kicked out of international cricket because they've disbanded their women's team, although everyone seems happy to ignore that.

I love cricket but god this has been dull.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
God have we still got games left? This tournament is just the most dull world cup of any sport at any time in history. I think there's been one close exciting game across the whole tournament, the four semi final qualifiers have been known for weeks, the stadiums have nearly always been half empty, and, apart from England's abject failure, its only Afghanistan upsetting a few teams that's been notable. And that's the Afghanistan that should be kicked out of international cricket because they've disbanded their women's team, although everyone seems happy to ignore that.

I love cricket but god this has been dull.
Needs to go to Expand and back to mini groups again to cut down the dead rubbers, then more knock out out games, shouldn't be able to lose 3/4 games and still win it.

Ireland/West Indies/Scotland might get some thumpings, but no worse than England this time round.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Why oh why weren't we batting more like this in earlier matches?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England finally score some runs, why couldn't they do that previously?

Big clearout upcoming.
I can't get my head round it. The line up for today's match is still class, despite the performances. That is a team capable of winning the trophy- when in the right groove.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Why oh why weren't we batting more like this in earlier matches?
No pressure Today , we had a crap warm up program, thanks mainly to the crappy 100 ball game,
we have a crap captain and looks like a crap coach as well , so as a result you get a crap team

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
No pressure Today , we had a crap warm up program, thanks mainly to the crappy 100 ball game,
we have a crap captain and looks like a crap coach as well , so as a result you get a crap team
I'm unable to disagree with anything you have proffered above.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Cricket World Cup: The changes needed to revitalise the tournament - Steven Finn column - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/67366337

Interesting ideas about bonus points. Certainly the way netrun rate works seems to encourage less interesting games.

I've always been an advocate of the 40 over version, over the 50 over

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Kohli is a bit of a shit but you cannot deny his talent, 50 ODI centuries...
Agreed. Can't argue with his stats, but I don't have to like him.

It would be very funny to see NZ win this from here. Not likely to chase the 410+ they will probably need though. The pressure to score quickly from the off will mean a lot of risks to be taken against Bumrah and a potential capitulation... :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here