Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ibiza

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you like people watching when you're a bit pist,then ignore what people say about San An.We used to hit Kilties on the crossroads at the West End,endless entertainment!When we were in Playa den Bossa there was a 'Disco Bus' that used to ferry between there,San An,Ibiza Town etc,and ran all night.Bit risky stopping it at Amnesia tho-can't remember why!Some nice chill-out bars in Ibiza Town down by the harbour.If it's still there,The Other Place might not be to your taste-Ibiza Hell's Angels pub!Highlander in San An had the best chicken curry half n half on the island.ENJOY!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not been since 2007 so not entirely up on the new stuff, but went regularly before, it does tend to be a little bit different every year. A few mates have been out this year though. There's a new place in bossa called Ushuaia which is supposed to be really good (see video) As well as the outdoor parties my mate rekons theres some other rooms playing dirty techno if that's your thing.

This is a really good website for info on just about everything. I've linked to the club calender because there's some UNBELIEVABLY good line ups in the next couple of weeks
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_september_i.htm

All advice on this thread will be pretty subjective so definitely make decisions based on what you like.
If you can be bothered it's worth going to San An, I wouldn't go just for the sunset if I wasn't staying there, but sitting in front of Cafe del Mar and Cafe Mambo with a beer while the sun goes down is amazing, I'd try and tie it in with something else though. There's 100's of people there and usually people waving fire sticks, glow in the dark stuff etc. so it is like an event. You can also score there if you need to (you can anywhere really but I've found that area reliable in the past)
Busses are good for getting around if you want to save money, cabs add up.
Privilige is a shit club, so is Es paradis. I don't like bora bora (the venue) since they fenced it off. DC10 isn't what it was since they put a roof on the terrace, main room still good though. Space, Amnesia, Eden, Pacha are all amazing.
If you need ear plags to sleep you haven't partied hard enough.
Cocoon was the best night on the island, the popular nights do get RAMMED like you've never seen before though so be prepared to be a sardine.
Take out a mortgage if you want to buy drinks in a club. 25 euros for a JD and coke :eek:
PRs outside the bars are a good source of info. I know loads of people who've worked the summer and they all went there for 1 think (it's wasn't the pay) They will know their shit. Some bars they have free magazines that are always good for info about events that month, pick one up if you see it.

[yt]ZkZJaej_ub4[/yt]

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On the other hand the women are far more EASIER in San An. Plus along the seafront is ok and thats where cafe del mar is.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd say avoid Pacha too now, haven't been for a few years now but on most nights 80% of the place is VIP tables and roped off, leaving about 1000 people to fit in a space meant for 500 people, night spoiler every time...

Work out a rough plan in advance for nights and sort early. I've always stayed in San An even though only been to Eden and spent most of time elsewhere, but at least worth a day there for beach, wander, some good bars around coast from Cafe Del Mar etc Kanya is one, used to have a small daytime vibe going on and spent many an afternoon chilling there.

For daytime stuff, Ushuaia is meant to be good, but few stories of security being wankers, Circo Loco at DC10 worth doing, and Zoo Project (partying an old zoo) also good.

Bora Bora used to be amazing, but last time I went was bit shit after it had become contained so I'll let someone else fill you in!

My fave clubs Space and Amnesia, try and check them out - oh and get suitably oiled in cheaper places then go to clubs, €15 a bottle of local beer, €20-25 for a vodka + mixer soon adds up.

Have fun, i am determined to get back next year!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd say avoid Pacha too now, haven't been for a few years now but on most nights 80% of the place is VIP tables and roped off, leaving about 1000 people to fit in a space meant for 500 people, night spoiler every time...

Pacha is all about the VIPs and everyone else can go swing. I made friends with some people in the VIP once and managed to sneak under the rope at the bottom of the steps by the dancefloor, they let me help myself to vodka, when you're in the it's quality, especially looking at all the poor people crammed into a dancefloor the size of my front room :lolol:

Also determined to get back next year :thumbsup:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Going to be my twelfth year out there week after next (bloody missing the palace game).

My advice would be to stay in Ibiza town, Pacha IMHO is the best club and the others don't come anywhere near. The old town and around the port in Ibiza town is good for pre club drinks, or a meal and drinks around Talamanca beach before heading to Pacha.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Amnesia is great but recommend paying extra 20 euros to go upstairs VIP cos in the main rooms it gets so packed it's difficult to move, same as Pacha as mentioned, gets dangerously packed and it ruined the night for me. Space is the best in my opinion and for that closing party they open it up with a big outdoor stage in the carpark!!! I'd give Ushuaia and DC10 a go to plus the blue marlin bar which is about 10 mins in a cab from playa den bossa. Also make sure you got loads of cash!!!

Aug 4, 2011
I'm going to Ibiza next week for the first time, staying in Playa den Bossa in the Jet apartments.

Any recommendations? Dos donts? Is it worth hiring a car? And if we fancy a night out in San Antonio is it easy to get too and back from? I'm guessing taxi is best way.

We've already booked tickets for the closing 'we love space' party on Sunday

I mite be going out from next sunday to thursday! :)

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Some advice I wish I had earlier this year when I went to San Antonio.....don't get absolutely hammered and fall asleep on 'the egg' roundabout at 4am on the first night.

Have a good'un.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A mate told me that a popular scheme is they take your details and come round at night to steal the scooter back then charge you for the theft. Probably an urban myth, I guess not a problem with reputable firms.

I was fine in Ibiza but I only been for two weeks so can't really say, I know elsewhere in the world it happens for a fact though.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was about 10 years ago I went as an 18 year old but the outdoor parties were always the best. Not sure are many going on these days? Not same scale anyway. Have fun :thumbsup:

Oh and San An main strip was a right laugh one night but is insanely chavvy and got to be a single ironic night then avoid after I reckon. Clunge central but the quality is rather poor obviously. More a laugh than anything there.

Also remember a boat trip and cliff diving but not sure where sorry.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Was about 10 years ago I went as an 18 year old but the outdoor parties were always the best. Not sure are many going on these days? Not same scale anyway. Have fun :thumbsup:

Oh and San An main strip was a right laugh one night but is insanely chavvy and got to be a single ironic night then avoid after I reckon. Clunge central but the quality is rather poor obviously. More a laugh than anything there.

Also remember a boat trip and cliff diving but not sure where sorry.

I don't think the main strip (AKA the 'west end') is chavvy tbh, certainly not as chavvy as Magaluf like.

I too went on a booze cruise, was from San Antonio bay, great laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here