Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ibiza

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm going to Ibiza next week for the first time, staying in Playa den Bossa in the Jet apartments.

Any recommendations? Dos donts? Is it worth hiring a car? And if we fancy a night out in San Antonio is it easy to get too and back from? I'm guessing taxi is best way.

We've already booked tickets for the closing 'we love space' party on Sunday

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I hired a scooter and got all over the island easily and felt pretty safe. Easier to park as you can just stick it anywhere.

Cafe del mar was cool to visit but so insanely expensive! In the end I just looked around and left. Pretty easy to find if your ok with directions. We stopped a few times and locals (in spanish) gave us directions. Some good other bars there too kanya was one of my fravs.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Cala llonga and Cala Tarida were good beaches with Tarida mainly used by expats and locals

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You are best off going to Ibiza old town - a nice 30 min walk from Playa Den Bossa (or bus ride away) and then getting a bus from the town to San Antonio. You can buy a ticket on the bus to get to Ibiza town but then you will need to go to the ticket office to get your return ticket to San Antonio.

In San Antonio avoid the strip like the plague. You'll know it when you see it. Loads of stag and hen-dos and Scots bar, Geordie Bar etc. A must do in San Antonio is to see the sunset by Cafe Del Mar. You can buy drinks at a nearby bar and then sit on the small beach in front of Cafe Del Mar.

Playa Den Bossa is pretty good and not so many English there and the Jet apartments are basic but clean (ish). There's a great bar a little way up the beach on the right as you exit the Jet apartments for a more sophisticated ambience. Watch out for the Italian blokes. They're as sleazy as you like. Germans were fantastic. The Irish we met were just mental. Get friendly with one of the people who offer free drinks to get you into bars. They will be able to point you in the right direction of a reputable supplier of various goods if that is your thing. Avoid the street dealers like the plague.

And be wary of Romanian birds coming up to talk to you on the off chance. Most likely they'll be hookers.

An absolute must-see is this bloke at Bora Bora (daytime club next to Jet apartments). He's there on the same table for about 5 hours every day (literally every day) and never stops dancing like this. It's incredible to behold.

[yt]rnVyIdUEaDE[/yt]

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Do take PLENTY of money.

Yeah, our apartments have a kitchen, think there'll be lots of chorizo baguettes being eaten with the money saved for beer.

Thanks for the useful tips buzzer, we'll definitely go to Bora Bora. And sunset at San Antonio.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I hired a scooter and got all over the island easily and felt pretty safe. Easier to park as you can just stick it anywhere.

Cafe del mar was cool to visit but so insanely expensive! In the end I just looked around and left. Pretty easy to find if your ok with directions. We stopped a few times and locals (in spanish) gave us directions. Some good other bars there too kanya was one of my fravs.

A mate told me that a popular scheme is they take your details and come round at night to steal the scooter back then charge you for the theft. Probably an urban myth, I guess not a problem with reputable firms.

Apr 10, 2009
One piece of advice, TAKE SOME EAR PLUGS, their called the jet apartments for a good reason being very close to the airport and right under the flight path, the flights do start very early !!
Bora Bora beach bar is awesome and I can vouch for the old guy dancing on the table, he had more moves than me.
We also went to We Love Space closing party and it is good but the place is so big with so many different rooms and music styles it's hard to take it all in, so decide what you like and stick with it.
Beware of anyone showing you a fake Police badge and wanting to check your id from your wallet, one of our group was mugged this way, which does sound daft but bare in mind you may not be fully compus when walking back in the early hours and don't leave anything of value in the apartment as balconies are easily accessible from the neighbours and their not that secure, also heard stories of cleaners thieving stuff.
The place is quality though, you will have a blast.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
One piece of advice, TAKE SOME EAR PLUGS, their called the jet apartments for a good reason being very close to the airport and right under the flight path, the flights do start very early !!
Bora Bora beach bar is awesome and I can vouch for the old guy dancing on the table, he had more moves than me.
We also went to We Love Space closing party and it is good but the place is so big with so many different rooms and music styles it's hard to take it all in, so decide what you like and stick with it.
Beware of anyone showing you a fake Police badge and wanting to check your id from your wallet, one of our group was mugged this way, which does sound daft but bare in mind you may not be fully compus when walking back in the early hours and don't leave anything of value in the apartment as balconies are easily accessible from the neighbours and their not that secure, also heard stories of cleaners thieving stuff.
The place is quality though, you will have a blast.

Yep, with you on the ear plugs!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Jet apartments have 4 places, are you in the 1 star, 2 or 3 star? Bora Bora is good (and free), Top tip- rather than buy drinks in there, go and buy them from the supermarket and dance on the beach in front of it, this is what loads of people do.

Worth going to Cafe Del Mar, from Ibiza town get the bus number 3 to San An, takes about 25 minutes and goes past Priv and Amnesia too. Jet apartments are also v close to the waterpark. Personally I wouldn't stay in the Jet apartments again, bit too noisy and BANG in the middle of it all, however if I was 10 years younger then I think I would have loved it. Enjoy.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We've already booked tickets for the closing 'we love space' party on Sunday

Ask for a come and go bracelet from Space otherwise if you are only in there all night then it is going to get vvvvvvvvvvvvvery expensive. Space on Sundays is the NUTS though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ask for a come and go bracelet from Space otherwise if you are only in there all night then it is going to get vvvvvvvvvvvvvery expensive. Space on Sundays is the NUTS though.

Hear you have to be there before 9 to get a bracelet?

We're in the 2 star ones slightly back from the beach.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
You should be there the weekend of Amnesia closing party too the day before Space-El Cierre is not to be missed, Loco Dice, Hawtin and Corola are closing which is the same bill as last year which was sublime....was in Ibiza last week-Jet is great place to stay but indeed bring some earplugs! Try and go to Ushuia beach party on the thursday, although they do other good nights too.....to save the pennies get yourself to the supermarket and purchase a 3 litre bottle of Rushkinov vodka for some pre-drinking although bring plenty of spare brain cells.....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Oh yeah, Ushuia is lovely. Take a right from Bora Bora (looking towards the sea), stroll along the beach for 10 mins and you will find it. Great for dancing in the sand to some good tunes :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here