Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ibehre is Albion striker target - Today's Argus

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
From the Os reporter who works on the sports desk, Iberhe has pace galore but doesnt get into the team ahead of Steele, Alexander and Connor.

If we could get him and another target man then that might be quite promising as dont think he should be our main target today.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Beeneys gloves said:
If we could get him and another target man then that might be quite promising as dont think he should be our main target today.
Exactly, after all, McGhee PROMISED us a household name before the window shut, Ibehre is not that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Surely you dont expect us to sign a striker and possibly a midfielder and still be looking for a LB? That would make sense!

It would make sense to forget about the midfielder and sign a f***ing left back though wouldn't it?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It would make sense to forget about the midfielder and sign a f***ing left back though wouldn't it?
Agreed. I'd have thought a LB and forward are of equal priority now that CKR has gone.

Shanks

Sep 30, 2003
Harlow
If you do take him off our hands, you won't have a bad player in truth. He's big, strong and can be a right handful for clogging defenders at this level (or even Ian Pearce, which admittedly ain't saying much). He's just alopecia-inducingly inconsistant, and certainly isn't 'free-scoring'.

A move could do him good, there's a feeling that he's gone a bit stale here, even though he won himself a new contract with some much improved displays when he came back from injury at the end of last season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Yes it would Chappers. It aint gonna happen though is it mate.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gully said:
Sounds like the club are totally right about Burgess, it would be like buying a car but not bothering to look under the bonnet or take it for a test drive, he must have something to hide.
The club ARE right and I totally agree with you, but as has been pointed out what's the betting he goes to Blackpool, stays injury-free and bangs in 40 goals? There will be thread after thread on here moaning at the club for not taking a chance. The Kitson experience will be forgotten.

As has been pointed out with CKR, hindsight is a wonderful thing, we didn't know when we signed him that we were getting a poor man's Stan Colleymore.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shanks said:
If you do take him off our hands, you won't have a bad player in truth. He's big, strong and can be a right handful for clogging defenders at this level (or even Ian Pearce, which admittedly ain't saying much). He's just alopecia-inducingly inconsistant, and certainly isn't 'free-scoring'.

A move could do him good, there's a feeling that he's gone a bit stale here, even though he won himself a new contract with some much improved displays when he came back from injury at the end of last season.
Thanks. To be honest a big lump is, although not ideal, along the right lines. We've got loads of players who we think could all play alongside a Heskey-like figure who can win the ball and hold it up. If he can do that it doesn't matter (too much) that he's not free-scoring.

Not ideal, but beggars can't be choosers. Get him in I say.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I hope we don't sign this guy. He's 4th choice and bloody Orient for crying out loud.

It would seem we aim either too high or too low..

Mind you, that Revell looks a decent signing. CKR done alright as a fringe Bury player.

:jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:
It would seem we aim either too high or too low..

Mind you, that Revell looks a decent signing. CKR done alright as a fringe Bury player.

:jester:

I don't rate Revell. CKR was 18 at Bury and hasn't really done anything yet.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
That's a real shocker that Burgess is refusing to have a medical. If he doesn't think he can't pass an Albion medical, he must be well f***ed :D
:lolol:

HArd to believe ANY club would touch a player who refused to have a medical. He's a good player but it would just be foolish.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
hitony said:
True........after all, what does our medical consist of ?......... "stick yer tongue out"........"drop yer pants and COUGH" ....your ok.................NEXT !!!!!! :lolol:

That reminds me of Team America World Police:

Ben you have to prove yourself to the team by sucking my cock.

You can't be serious.

I'm deadly serious Ben.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here