Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Thomas-Moore

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ive seen him play 3 times now and he is a very good player just what we need.

However i dont see us paying enough for Le Fondre

and i would be amazed if a championship side were not interested.

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Ian Thomas-Moore is 33! I doubt he is the kind of Player Gus will go for. I also doubt Le Fondre is what Poyet is after either.

Le Fondre would definitely tickle Gus's funny bits but Rotherham don't need to sell, he's a twinkly little poacher who'll fire them up unless he gets gnarly, which he hasn't got any real reason to do seeing as he blew (a bit) his chance to hitch up his skirt and sprinkle the gold dust when t'Millers were at Wembley.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If the player wants to leave, he will leave... the money that you are talking about for Le Fondre they will NEVER get...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just dont get this Le Fondre love in on this site? Is it just because of the name? Sure he could do very well, but its not a gimme that he will. I think he could cut it in this league but Poyet has already let it be known he is looking to the future and is Le Fondre Champonship level? Thats the big question, it would certainly be a gamble and I think Poyet wants proven striker, at this level and above.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just dont get this Le Fondre love in on this site? Is it just because of the name? Sure he could do very well, but its not a gimme that he will. I think he could cut it in this league but Poyet has already let it be known he is looking to the future and is Le Fondre Champonship level? Thats the big question, it would certainly be a gamble and I think Poyet wants proven striker, at this level and above.

Thats the thing, either way we have to compromise. If we get a proven striker, its likely he'll be on hefty wages and whatever we invest we wont get anything near it back.
OR we go for a younger striker (Pittman, Le Fondre etc) who may not be proven at this level, but shows plenty of ability to do well. Le fondre got 29 goals last year, and is still only 23/24 i believe, and has been scoring goals throughout his career, not just one season. Added to that, with his age your likely to get a return for a large investment. I think he would be a perfect foil for Murray, who knows where to be, and can feed off his flick ons etc.

We wont get someone who has scored 20 goals at this level, because clubs at higher levels will immediately hike the price up. Take Troy Deeney for example, scores 10-15 goals for Walsall and moves to Watford for almost half a million pounds.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Me and a mate had a strange obsession when he was at Rochdale, and always said he'd go on to better things, remember seeing him against good opposition in the cup once and he looked impressive (team eludes me but it was for Dale).
When i've seen his goals or watched him live on the box, the one player he reminds me of is someone like Charlie Austin. He's one of those players that gets in positions to score goals, nipping in at the front post etc, and is suprisingly decent in the air given his size. Everytime he gets the ball, he's one of those players (like Austin did for me and others saturday) that makes you panic, someone who you know could produce a bit of magic.
Would be delighted if we signed him, one of my favourite non-albion players.

Charlie Austin is a fantastic comparison. Same build, same style. Not lightning quick, but clever and gets into positions to score tap ins. Note Austin's goal against us saturday, and the winner he got at the Withdean. Just knows where to be, and how to finish. Le Fondre will score 20 goals a season at this level, put him into this team and he'd score 25-30. He's just that sort of player.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Charlie Austin is a fantastic comparison. Same build, same style. Not lightning quick, but clever and gets into positions to score tap ins. Note Austin's goal against us saturday, and the winner he got at the Withdean. Just knows where to be, and how to finish. Le Fondre will score 20 goals a season at this level, put him into this team and he'd score 25-30. He's just that sort of player.

Exactly.
That nack of being in the right positions is not going to change by moving up a division, which is exactly the kind of player we need. When you look at other players we've brought from lower positions, Davies for example, had the pace to terrorise what would have been poorer defenders in League 2, same with Fleetwood, but against better, more intelligent defenders they struggle. Le Fondre is the kind of player (IMO) like Austin who could easily make the step up, because he just has a nack of knowing where to stand and when, like saturday for example.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is what I thought. Hooper who scored regularly in the Championship, two divisions above League 2, went for less than £3million. What an idiot

Nah, he's just doing what any manager worth his salt would do and talking up his prized asset. I seem to remember us talking about £5m for Bobby and he only went for about £1.5m.

Its what managers do and I'm sure Gus would do it if someone wanted to sign Bennett. He's hardly going to turn around and go "He's worth about £500k" as that just invites offers.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is all very confusing!

In all, Le Fondre = Good; Ian Thomas-Moore = Not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here