Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway on Saints

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
redneb,im getting worried deffo,as you have a great team,and thought you would piss the league!!!,but i didnt expect us to be doing so well,so im sure likewise your a bit worried about us,i hope we both go up,and afcb,be great for the south coast,as for some of the muppets on here who say your arrogant,its getting like that on here!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I wish I could find about my 4th post ever on here... a couple of months back, I said Southampton would be our main rivals, or something to that effect.

Here's your second post (it isn't hard to find)
Tend to agree that they seem extraordinarily arrogant at present.

Biggest club in the league eh? Think with the rich history's of both Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield they may ask the Scummers how they can justify that?

Forgive Southampton and their loud mouthed manager, who seems to think we play one dimensional football, and he is entitled to his view, all be it tainted... but the excuses and arrogance are pouring thick due to one oversight. Southampton are currently the worst team (on position - doesn't lie) from the South Coast in the English league set up.
???

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
This.

What a f***ing nob Holloway is. He didnt mention that their fans were singing 'your not famous anymore' which is about as boring as you lot hearing 'does ur boyfriend know your here.'

We made eight changes from our team that won the last 3 games and still comfortably won. Probably coz we have 2 first teams and he had 1 and a bunch of yoofs.

I think you all know Saints are shaping up nicely for the 2nd half of the season - maybe getting a bit worried.

Say the two southampton fans on a BHA board. I think you may be infatuated with us.....

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Lets wait till May till we start calling people arrogant. We've had a first half of a season littered with hiccups but still somehow sit where we are.

Llalana just signed, Guly suddenly brilliant and a solid team brushing teams aside. Were motoring and you know it.

TheSaint1976

Jan 9, 2011
However. The uncomfortable FACT that the likes of you find so difficult to come to terms with, is that despite the budget, despite the stadium and despite the recent history, YOU are slumming it in the 3rd division behind the likes of us and Bornmuff, whilst little old Blackpool are dining at the top table. And doing rather well.

Deal with it.

Shut up you mong

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Duplicate.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Shut up you mong

Bit eloquent for you was it. Brilliant 1st post by the way. Still, there's plenty on here seem willing to arselick southampton, so you should be ok.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Another saints thread I see. Bozza must be on verge of renaming this St marys chat. Ffs people, give it a rest. obsessed!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Lets wait till May till we start calling people arrogant. We've had a first half of a season littered with hiccups but still somehow sit where we are.

Llalana just signed, Guly suddenly brilliant and a solid team brushing teams aside. Were motoring and you know it.

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that you are almost certainly going up one way or another, and have a fantastic squad and setup. Can you not see its the superiority "we deserve this cos we are so amazing" attitude that goes with it, as evidenced by this exact post, that makes everyone hate you?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I don't think anyone is denying the fact that you are almost certainly going up one way or another, and have a fantastic squad and setup. Can you not see its the superiority "we deserve this cos we are so amazing" attitude that goes with it, as evidenced by this exact post, that makes everyone hate you?

Every club have fans that get above themselves. You certainly have plenty. Our attitude is not dissimilar to yours in in 00/01 - "what the f is a club like albion doing in the bottom league" Other teams down there probably thought you arrogant.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh, look, ANOTHER thread about us and ANOTHER person calling us Scummers. We had 7 first team players rested compared to their 8 today so they can hardly use that excuse. We tore them a new arsehole. Our attendance for a boring cup tie was bigger than their stadium even f***ing holds. Change the record now, lads.

That'll be me, that will. :wave:

Many of you seem to be a very sensitive bunch: considering your MASSIVE CLUB status & all-conquering ways. It consequently comes as a great surprise to me that you should get so precious about what somebody says who follows a no-mark club like lil' old Brighton & Hove Albion. I reckon you need to 'man-up' a bit - 'specially as you're bound to be the envy of Europe in a mere cuppla seasons. Camp Nou & the San Siro faithful wait with baited breath & trembling hearts...

Shut up you mong

Don't call us scummers pal. It just makes you sound rather pathetic

Dear Constant Reader,

For no reason in particular, I found myself scouring the internet this morning. As is my wont, I perused the main message board of the association football side that I pledge my allegiance to. In amongst the usual flotsam and jetsam of posts I came across the ramblings of a newly registered poster, who I presume from his moniker to be a Southampton FC fan. He (an assumption that I think I am safe in holding) has but 2 posts to his name but already he has my full attention.

I think I may bookmark this page and in future refer ne'er-do-wells to it. I'm still not fully disposed to give an opinion on the mental faculties of this 'Saint1976' person. It is either abject hypocrisy or blatant fuckwittedness. I'm predisposed to the latter but at present can only say for sure that he has made himself look somewhat foolish, a cunt even.

I remain etc.

PNFE esq.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't call us scummers pal. It just makes you sound rather pathetic

And calling someone a mong doesn't? :facepalm:

Edit: beaten by PNFE who put it much more eloquently.

Last edited:

TheSaint1976

Jan 9, 2011
That'll be me, that will. :wave:

Many of you seem to be a very sensitive bunch: considering your MASSIVE CLUB status & all-conquering ways. It consequently comes as a great surprise to me that you should get so precious about what somebody says who follows a no-mark club like lil' old Brighton & Hove Albion. I reckon you need to 'man-up' a bit - 'specially as you're bound to be the envy of Europe in a mere cuppla seasons. Camp Nou & the San Siro faithful wait with baited breath & trembling hearts...

We're not sensitive mate, you just don't have the right to call us scummers. You are not our local rivals FFS and you never will be. And yes, compared to Brighton we are a massive club - remind me again what the capacity of your new ground is?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We're not sensitive mate, you just don't have the right to call us scummers. You are not our local rivals FFS and you never will be. And yes, compared to Brighton we are a massive club - remind me again what the capacity of your new ground is?

I can call you what I like, Scummer. :whistle:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

'SCUMMERS'....that's your nickname isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here