Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway on Saints

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wow really? You predicted that the biggest team in the division with the biggest budget and best players would be our biggest rivals?

The one that have spent nearly £6m on their squad?

Whatever next, Luxembourg accused of being small, bear seen shitting in woods?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wow really? You predicted that the biggest team in the division with the biggest budget and best players would be our biggest rivals?

They were mid table at the time and languishing a bit ... love the sarcasm.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Good that they progressed today though. Huddersfield and Wednesday through as well so none of them are gaining from our continuing cup run.

Oh I say! Very good point Mr G. :thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I've liked Ian Holloway ever since he sold us Bobby Zamora (that is right isn't it?) and that documentary that showed his home life a few years ago. He's passionate and shouty but you can always see a little twinkle around his eyes. He doesn't take himself or football completely seriously and that's nice. I group him with Neil Warnock and Barry Fry in that respect. They've all got hinterlands.

Adkins has been going downhill fast ever since he left Scunny. Arrogant and prone to patronising remarks. I wonder how he and Dean Wilkins rub along?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
They're starting to look worryingly strong though. Where has this De PRATo come from?
Let's hope Chamberlain and Lalana go this window.
They signed him towards the end of the summer window... supposedly one of the reasons Pardew got the sack was that he was the Chief Exec's signing and Pardew left him on the bench. :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Holloway always comes out with classics anyway, but todays was priceless regarding those bunch of arrogant wankers.

Gotta love the bloke.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Holloway is class and not just for the comments he always comes out with. He's proven himself as a great manager for a certain level of club. Think Hodgeson was wrong man for a big team and maybe Holloway is similar in that respect. Good at being the underdog. Bit like Warnock does a job at a certain level too. We'll hopefully see Gus do well at all levels with Brighton though :D

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
Oh, look, ANOTHER thread about us and ANOTHER person calling us Scummers. We had 7 first team players rested compared to their 8 today so they can hardly use that excuse. We tore them a new arsehole. Our attendance for a boring cup tie was bigger than their stadium even f***ing holds. Change the record now, lads.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Oh, look, ANOTHER thread about us and ANOTHER person calling us Scummers. We had 7 first team players rested compared to their 8 today so they can hardly use that excuse. We tore them a new arsehole. Our attendance for a boring cup tie was bigger than their stadium even f***ing holds. Change the record now, lads.

:lol:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Ive made a comment on this over on Teamtalk.
Saints fans are sooo arrogant and i was soo happy Holloway said what he did, good lad.
Also Pompy fans been making comments that we deserved the win and they love the Amex, say its beautiful and we going places.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

This kind of statement being exactly what the thread point is about.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

However. The uncomfortable FACT that the likes of you find so difficult to come to terms with, is that despite the budget, despite the stadium and despite the recent history, YOU are slumming it in the 3rd division behind the likes of us and Bornmuff, whilst little old Blackpool are dining at the top table. And doing rather well.

Deal with it.

treacle mine man

Jan 2, 2011
Now then children, that chip on your collective shoulders is showing again.
Most saints fans know that they are exactly where they deserve to be given how the club has been run in the past. They don't regard Div 3 as slumming it any more than you do. As for Ian Holloway he thought the chant, heard at every ground, was disrespectful; but playing your second string and expecting to win somehow isn't.
Well done on your win today, lets hope neither of us get Stevenage away in the next round.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jealous ian?

Seriously? I wouldn't swap for a second. They've done well, but many clubs have had a little top flight time. Its takes more to stay there long term and build a decent infrastructure. Maybe he's jealous of the stadium, training facilities and money here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to be above then in the next 18 months.

Not a very gracious loser. I had enjoyed their run but now Ill enjoy his luck running out, which it will. Just another hull and just another Phil brown. Fact.

Saints fans eh ? Gotta love em.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I wish I could find about my 4th post ever on here... a couple of months back, I said Southampton would be our main rivals, or something to that effect.

Give that man a prize!

I think we should all collectively bow down to your obviously superior football knowledge. How you were able to spot this is nothing short of genius :bowdown:

Nobody on here saw that one coming! :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Am I the only person who thought Ian Holloway's comments were ridiculous?

He basically admitted that the chants of 'Premier League, you're having a laugh' had really got to him, I'd have thought the guy had a tougher hide.

Let's face it, Southampton seem to have only have one song since they sang a different version of the same one all night at us. The only difference being we didn't lose. You can't whine about songs like that, it just shows they have got to you, and whatever the table says today, Southampton are a much bigger club than Blackpool as we all know.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

:lolol: But you just can't help and come on here can you? If we are so insignificant why are you here bitching and ranting like a little girl. Can't handle the pressure of being second to little Brighton? Ah bless. Holloway was right though, Saints are in the 3rd division old money, so are we but we are happy to accept it whereas Saints are just arrogant deluded yokels.

Oh and Saints reserves beat Blackpool reserves, big deal.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Brighton fans seem a tad obsessed with us. Infatuated even...........

This.

What a f***ing nob Holloway is. He didnt mention that their fans were singing 'your not famous anymore' which is about as boring as you lot hearing 'does ur boyfriend know your here.'

We made eight changes from our team that won the last 3 games and still comfortably won. Probably coz we have 2 first teams and he had 1 and a bunch of yoofs.

I think you all know Saints are shaping up nicely for the 2nd half of the season - maybe getting a bit worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here