Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart, yesterday's phone in and Leroy's comments

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Harty said:
The irony of this thread is certainly not lost on me.
First up the front cover was to do with the Kegworth crash and I have never made any secret of the fact that it was mistake to run with it and spent a long time apologising for it, and in fact paid out the entire take from that issue to chairity, as we did we the £1,500 we collected for Hillsborogh later that season.
Regarding Leroy/Kaney as entertaining as he is, I cannot let him say what he was going to say, not only because some might find it offensive or that as a contracted BBC presenter I have to 'try' and control my guests as if they say something which ends up in court I'm in there with them, but also because I have a personal interest in the subject he touched upon. Which wrongly I revealed early this morning on here in the ulitmate knee jerk post of my NSC career.
As for 'eating out of the clubs hand' this is the real irony as I might have to ask my 'learned friend' The Great Cornholio to step foward and produce evidence, including yesterdays show that I am anything but currently eating from the clubs hand, and as far as I recall I've never eaten from the clubs hand.
In fact the only place you'll find Dick Knight's hands at the moment is round my throat.....
Gentleman and ladies, perhaps one poster was right when he said the situation of the club has darkened everyones mood and can we please all just draw a line under the whole incident and move on to the lovely surroundings of the New Den on Saturday.

Harty your a legend, well said. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Although Harty, you will still have Leroy on the phone in won't you?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
an inside source says the chances are Leroy will apologise for the wheelchair comment next time

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Great news, because the content of Leroy's calls are usually very good, things are not happening at the club and the phone-in gives fans the opportunity to raise issues.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Harty said:
Great news, because the content of Leroy's calls are usually very good, things are not happening at the club and the phone-in gives fans the opportunity to raise issues.

Well played sir.

:clap:

Giraffe said:
... Whilst I agree with the comments about Samrah and to some extent John Baine in that they now seem very protective of the current regime, I don't think you can say the same about Harty.
Anyone who read Attila's post on NSC the other day will be hard pushed to conclude that he is "protective of the current regime". Supportive of the stated aims of the club, certainly, but by no means in the pocket of those who run it.

I was present when Attila delivered his rant at DK - and I agree with what he says in his thread to the effect that he was speaking for most of the people who were there.

As we all know, it's very easy to imagine what people might be thinking and what they might be saying, when all we have to inform us is surmise and rumour. Take it from me, though, neither Paul Samrah nor John Baine are the yes men that they are regularly accused of being.

Attila's thread:-
http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84206

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is just so stupid as the root cause of this spat is the sh1te situation we are in.

If we were top of the league and CKR was scoring freely none of this would have happened.

However we are where we are at present so let's just all try and get through this together - in 2 years time when this is history we will still support the same club.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the incident a couple of years ago when NSC got temporarily closed down because of a thread that was alleged to be offensive to the disabled. At the time, Harty brought the Albion disabled association spokeswoman onto the phone-in and gave NSC a dressing down for it.

So it is hardly surprising that he is now going to rule Leroy's comments offside, is it?

For at least showing some consistency on the issue, which is as I understand it trying to avoid giving offence to our disabled supporters, Harty deserves to be applauded and here I will now do so :clap:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was'nt reading NSC at the time of the incident but I did hear about it.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
No wonder Harty wants to pack it in when we have idiots like this come on the message board and abuse him. You said nothing wrong Harty keep up the good work. The phone in is so important to supporters it provides a platform for us at the end of each match toi vent our frustrations. Saturdays would not be the same without them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The trouble is that some people think that Harty's show is an extension of NSC. People who come on here usually know what to expect whether is be in good or bad taste. Like NSP its up to the individual.

As far as SCR is concerend I wouild hazard a guess it reaches a far wider audiance and in so doing can have more of a damaging affect. Harty has a responsibilty to his employers as well as his listeners and to dredge up a Gulls Eye cover from years ago and very different circumstances is pretty pathetic.

As it is Harty is doing a fine job, would anybody prefer Andy Naylor to take over ?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Harty said:
, and in fact paid out the entire take from that issue to chairity, as we did we the £1,500 we collected for Hillsborogh later that season.

Very generous of you Harty to give the £1500 you collected for Hillsborough to charity!!!

Only kiddin' buddy x

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do people not think the whole thing is a bit shite. The callers are generally crap and Harty rarely does anything to guide them away from talking shit.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
Do people not think the whole thing is a bit shite. The callers are generally crap and Harty rarely does anything to guide them away from talking shit.
Not on Saturday it wasn't. The masochist in me loves listening to the phone-in when things are dreadful and (a mercifully-very brief trademark "is Dick Knight the right man?"-style dig aside) thought Saturday's was the best phone-in I've heard on there - Harty marshalled the callers very well, god knows some of them need it.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Not on Saturday it wasn't. The masochist in me loves listening to the phone-in when things are dreadful and (a mercifully-very brief trademark "is Dick Knight the right man?"-style dig aside) thought Saturday's was the best phone-in I've heard on there - Harty marshalled the callers very well, god knows some of them need it.

I didn't listen on Saturday, but most weeks I switch off half way though because it is getting on my tits. I'm sure I will get grief for this but I think the phone in is generally crap.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
I didn't listen on Saturday, but most weeks I switch off half way though because it is getting on my tits. I'm sure I will get grief for this but I think the phone in is generally crap.

I think being so crap is what makes it so amusing to listen to.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
British Bulldog said:
I think being so crap is what makes it so amusing to listen to.

Occasionally it does but most of the time I hope for something meaningful or some sort of insightbut it never seems to happen. I think Harty encourages stupidity far to much and should be more questing of some of the ridiculous reactions from some callers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at the end of the day , the show is only as good or bad as the callers.

Its interesting that the people who go on about Doris from eastbourne tend to be those that when you see them in the pub, wouldn't dream of phoning in. Why not? Its YOUR phone in, you set the agenda ( ian may put in his " lets talk about Albion legends" but after all, if no-one talks about that, then great, so long as people talk about something they think is relevant.

We all have totally different views of a game. If so, phone in and tell Sussex about it.

Obviously there are boundries, if you phoned up 606, ( as I did once) soon as you become slightly contraversial, bang you are off. If you think DK is doing a crap job, then say why...dont just resort to petty name calling...If you hate LDC, come on and tell Sussex why...why they are killing your club, how it will affect you, what will you do on a saturday if we were not here....that sort of thing. That gets the message over, not just saying De Vecchi is a rancid old hag - say why she is a rancid old hag ( allegedly:lolol: :lolol: ) once you get on, your nerves will go and you will get your point accross.

It is very easy you know.

:angel:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here