Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart, yesterday's phone in and Leroy's comments

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I really feel the need to bring this to Ian Hart's attention after the way he treated Leroy on the SCR phone in yesterday.

Now, whilst I cannot agree with what Leroy said so far as the cluyb being wheelchair bound is concerned, I cannot believe how Ian Hart, once of the famous Gulls Eye reacted.

One of my most vivid memory's of buying Gulls Eye was the cover of one edition(which I still have in my loft) just after the Lockerbie plane disaster.

Basically for those too young to remember, it depicted a picture of Barry Lloyd saying something like 'the fans hate me, bottom of the league, what else can go wrong'...then behind him is a window with an aeroplane with smoking engines flying toward him.

I cannot remember what Ian Hart's role in the fanzine was exactly(I think it was editor - one of you will prove me wrong , but to me, yesterday, he summed up what a hypocrite he is.

I loved Gulls Eye and it was bought out around the time that the club really started going downhill. I now find it really disappointing that many of those involved in Gulls Eye such as Harty & Paul Samrah have become mouthpieces for either the club or McGhee and because of this, they will no longer question the direction of the club or the management and that they are becoming in many supporters eyes, exactly what they fought against in the late 80's and throughout the 90's.

I therefore hope Harty, that you think about how you treat people like Leroy, as whether you agree with what he said or not- this person was you 20 years ago and you would do well to remember this at times when you are sitting in your North Stand seat, helping out for the BBC and not getting wet like many of us on a cold Winter saturday afternoon.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
supaseagull said:
I really feel the need to bring this to Ian Hart's attention after the way he treated Leroy on the SCR phone in yesterday.

Now, whilst I cannot agree with what Leroy said so far as the cluyb being wheelchair bound is concerned, I cannot believe how Ian Hart, once of the famous Gulls Eye reacted.

One of my most vivid memory's of buying Gulls Eye was the cover of one edition(which I still have in my loft) just after the Lockerbie plane disaster.

Basically for those too young to remember, it depicted a picture of Barry Lloyd saying something like 'the fans hate me, bottom of the league, what else can go wrong'...then behind him is a window with an aeroplane with smoking engines flying toward him.

I cannot remember what Ian Hart's role in the fanzine was exactly(I think it was editor - one of you will prove me wrong , but to me, yesterday, he summed up what a hypocrite he is.

I loved Gulls Eye and it was bought out around the time that the club really started going downhill. I now find it really disappointing that many of those involved in Gulls Eye such as Harty & Paul Samrah have become mouthpieces for either the club or McGhee and because of this, they will no longer question the direction of the club or the management and that they are becoming in many supporters eyes, exactly what they fought against in the late 80's and throughout the 90's.

I therefore hope Harty, that you think about how you treat people like Leroy, as whether you agree with what he said or not- this person was you 20 years ago and you would do well to remember this at times when you are sitting in your North Stand seat, helping out for the BBC and not getting wet like many of us on a cold Winter saturday afternoon.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair to Harty the cover of that particular edition of GE had been drawn before Lockerbie and the fanzine had already gone to print.

He was man enough to apologise for any offence at the time, so it seems churlish to drag up unnecessary digs at him.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yeah Harty, shut the f*** up and let us have our say.:angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this whole episode is a bit of over re-acting to the circumstances bought on by the frustraction of BHAFC being so sh1te at present.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ridiculous - Leroy said something that some found funny, but some would take offence to. So Harty apologised to viewers (as he did when Hammond was called a Turd by the same caller).

He hasn't really done anything wrong has he, other than defend his own name? What's he supposed to say? "Hahaha Leroy, yep, our club is like a cripple at the moment, well summed up!"???

Harty shifted himself from the flak (or so he thought, anyway!), as most would probably do in the situation, although to some (me included) it was a remark that didn't offend.

End of story?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Harty will only let you say what HE wants to hear, otherwise he speaks over you and cuts you off.:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bakesy said:
Harty will only let you say what HE wants to hear, otherwise he speaks over you and cuts you off.:angry:

Well he's hardly going to risk being taken off air is he?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Like it or not harty has a responsibility to his employers firstly( who happen to be the british broacasting corporation), and then secondly he has a responsibility to us the fans as he is viewed by many as the face of the supporters i guess, I think he got it absolutlely right yesterday, however I think he made a mistake by allowing "leroy" on again, but it all adds to the mixed bag that is the phone in.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What a joke thread. It may have occured to you that Ian is an employee of BBC radio, and therefore has to uphold their values to the customers of their product, not his.

Some people just want to moan about anything.

Mountains, molehills. The End.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leave Harty alone. He is doing a great job.

The Lockerbie thing was a long time ago and I seem to also recall that it was printed before the event and I guess they rather foolishly decided not to reprint on the grounds of cost. But they did apologise. And Gulls Eye was great back then.

Whilst I agree with the comments about Samrah and to some extent John Baine in that they now seem very protective of the current regime, I don't think you can say the same about Harty. He still very much questions what is going on at the club, albeit through the voice of the BBC which means he has to abide by certain rules.

There isn't a place for a fanzine, because now we have NSC, so what else is he supposed to do?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
supaseagull said:

:bla: :shutup:

"......becoming in many supporters eyes........." What a load of shite you talk pal. You don't speak for me, you speak for yourself, Norman Baker and John Catt and that's about it. You worthless wanker who knows nothing about the efforts some have done to even let you have a club to support. You're jealous, bitter and out of order. :angry: :censored:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Re: Re: Ian Hart, yesterday's phone in and Leroy's comments

portlock seagull said:
:bla: :shutup:

"......becoming in many supporters eyes........." What a load of shite you talk pal. You don't speak for me, you speak for yourself, Norman Baker and John Catt and that's about it. You worthless wanker who knows nothing about the efforts some have done to even let you have a club to support. You're jealous, bitter and out of order. :angry: :censored:

Jesus don't have a coronary. Am I not entitled to my own opinion?

Can you please tell me how I am like Norman Baker and John Catt?

I'm also glad I don't speak for you. Have you ever held a conversation with me? do you know me? have we ever met.

People like you make me sick as you make assumptions without ever meeting someone.

I have followed this club for over 25 years...protested, written letters, been threatened with being arrested because I invaded a football pitch to protest about how the club I love was being run to the ground.

How dare you resort to childless name calling...At least I tried to be constructive.

As for the bitter & jealous bit...Bitter yes as I am fed up with the way the team is being run and Harty, at the moment is eating from the club's hand. My OWN opinion and if I didn't say it then what would be the point of Northstandchat??

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Harty does a fine job as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad someone who is a fan and has been for years is running the phone in.

Harty for manager :clap:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
El Presidente said:
To be fair to Harty the cover of that particular edition of GE had been drawn before Lockerbie and the fanzine had already gone to print.

He was man enough to apologise for any offence at the time, so it seems churlish to drag up unnecessary digs at him.

It was not written before lockerbie ( Kegworth ) at all but was an ill-thought out front cover. He did though apologize for its poor taste and I think one can be forgiven when you are dipping your big toe into the water for the first time.

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The irony of this thread is certainly not lost on me.
First up the front cover was to do with the Kegworth crash and I have never made any secret of the fact that it was mistake to run with it and spent a long time apologising for it, and in fact paid out the entire take from that issue to chairity, as we did we the £1,500 we collected for Hillsborogh later that season.
Regarding Leroy/Kaney as entertaining as he is, I cannot let him say what he was going to say, not only because some might find it offensive or that as a contracted BBC presenter I have to 'try' and control my guests as if they say something which ends up in court I'm in there with them, but also because I have a personal interest in the subject he touched upon. Which wrongly I revealed early this morning on here in the ulitmate knee jerk post of my NSC career.
As for 'eating out of the clubs hand' this is the real irony as I might have to ask my 'learned friend' The Great Cornholio to step foward and produce evidence, including yesterdays show that I am anything but currently eating from the clubs hand, and as far as I recall I've never eaten from the clubs hand.
In fact the only place you'll find Dick Knight's hands at the moment is round my throat.....
Gentleman and ladies, perhaps one poster was right when he said the situation of the club has darkened everyones mood and can we please all just draw a line under the whole incident and move on to the lovely surroundings of the New Den on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here