Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Could be better if a funeral director didn't host it

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Quite good, but would be improved with better contributors

Votes: 42 60.9%

• Total voters

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I listened to the phone in a few weeks ago and what a pile of crap it really was the majority of people that actually call in havent even been to the game but watch it on teletext or listen to radio. It dosent help when it is broadcast by Ian Hart his voice does my f***ing head in. What are your view on this topic, should i calm down a bit?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If your options were a bit more intelligent then I might vote.

Harty can only put on air the people that ring him. If the fans who have been to the match ring him then they do get priority.

Whenever I have rung up I have been put on air and my text msgs read out.

If you don't like it, don't listen. Simple

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I find the problem sometimes is that Harty will always ask 'so what did you think of the game'?
Fine for a few but maybe he could ask the caller what they think and then give a leading question about something that happened during the game. If you listen to the analysts of BBC1 and ITV then you will know what I mean.
Also find it gringing when a caller says, 'Well on north stand chat' or 'Im off to meet the other chatters':nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Disagree with you 4eva. Harty can only put on what he gets. If there's a flaw it the callers.

What's wrong with Harty's voice ? Better than that wanker Johnathan Pearce (or whatever he's called).

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Its a complete waste of time,Im not saying every call is rubbish and misguided,but am not quite sure where they find these people who ring up,Must be in some cave somewhere!

People who are so blinded by it all and go to the occasional home game and spout out rubbish about a subject they know very little about.

Harty is ok as a presenter,but 1 problem he's a piece maker,He should have a good go at people who talk sh**

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Same old answer, i suppose its what i come to expect tho. All im saying is if it were someone a little more professional hosting it and not a funeral director doing a bodge job on the cheap i might be prepared to listen, but i aint listening to armchairs waffling on about the team when they dont even see the f***ing game.

bhafc4eva said:
Same old answer, i suppose its what i come to expect tho. All im saying is if it were someone a little more professional hosting it and not a funeral director doing a bodge job on the cheap i might be prepared to listen, but i aint listening to armchairs waffling on about the team when they dont even see the f***ing game.

I'm staying out of this one this time. :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I rarely listen to the phone in as I'm usually down the pub on left for the pub by the time it starts! :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I reckon part of the trouble is that the match commentary itself is so well done that you tend to forget it's local radio. Then the phone-in comes on and the usual local radio set of freaks and grockles come out of the woodwork and get humoured and you are painfully reminded why you never listen to SCR at any other time.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What a lovely thread. :nono: I only hope Harty isn't reading this.

It's all well criticising, but like Berkshire's completely bollocks thread yesterday, I put it to you: do you have any constructive criticism? Instead of saying "I don't want, I don't like that", how about "what I'd like to see is this, I think it could be improved if you did that..." I am sure Harty wouldn't mind any sensible suggestions.

What you have to remember is how Ian Hart (and Peter Kennard) managed to utilise the media to show Archer and Bellotti up for what they are. He has been a voicepiece of Albion fans for a while, and one ought not to forget his part in those dark days. No one asked to be so, but he stood up and said what he passionately believed.

Disagree by all mean, but don't slag him because he doesn't have a BBC voice.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
he is too optimistic - he has a whole garden of rose tinted specs on.

We are a mid table team - about 8 points off the bottom 8 teams - and he keeps talking about auto promotion.

:shootself :shootself :shootself

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
don't knock it,it took long enough for the live commentary
and i think that if one goes the other will surely follow

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I see that more people have replied to this thread than have voted in the poll. That's probably a comment on the options offered. If there was a 'quite good, but would be improved with better contributors' option, that would make it a more balanced poll (and I would have voted for that).

mk_bha said:
he is too optimistic - he has a whole garden of rose tinted specs on.

We are a mid table team - about 8 points off the bottom 8 teams - and he keeps talking about auto promotion.

:shootself :shootself :shootself
This subject has also been done to death but I think Harty's right - we are going up through automatic promotion. Please see other threads about why I'm right about this and other life-defining dilemmas.

Pity I can't spell.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jim D said:
I see that more people have replied to this thread than have voted in the poll. That's probably a comment on the options offered. If there was a 'quite good, but would be improved with better contributors' option, that would make it a more balanced poll (and I would have voted for that).

And me

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went for the last options.

Harty is a good presenter and host imho and he is ok by me.

His show can only be as good as the people that phone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here