Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Hart in talking nonsense shocker

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think you'll find Arundel trumps both B & H and Worthing ... or maybe not!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It has never even occurred to me to go to Worthing for a meal out. Never crossed my mind.

I mean quite seriously, why would anyone bother ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mr Tubbthumper, how many are listed for Seaford?

None I'm afraid.

If anyone's interested Cuckfield has a starred restaurant. It's at Ockenden Manor...I do believe it is Sussex's only starred establishment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can confirm that living in Worthing the town does have a reasonable selection of restuarants across a diverse range.... no idea how they compare the Brighton though.

I thought it was okay, however I am going to sub-edit that first sentence, because it is painful, doesn't actually make sense, and needs to have removed all the words serving no purpose.

"I'm no Egon Ronay, but Worthing surely now has the restaurants to rival much-trumpeted Brighton and Hove."

Less is more.

Not if you're being paid by the word.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Closed down ages ago :(

Booo. My father ALWAYS used to take me to the one on North St before every Albion game when I was a young lad. My Saturday did not start until I'd had a mixed-bender and a knickerbocker glory.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It has never even occurred to me to go to Worthing for a meal out. Never crossed my mind.

I mean quite seriously, why would anyone bother ?
Well I went there on Sunday to the Indigo resturant at the Ardington Hotel in Steyne Gardens - but that's because my mum lives in Worthing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've been to the original Bryce's restaurant in Surrey, but not the Worthing one yet. Heard it's good though, think his daughter runs this one.

Don't think the original was in Surrey, the first one I went to was at Stopham Bridge by Pulborough back in the mid 80s, they moved to Ockley (Surrey) and I think are still at the Old Schoolhouse, I think they were somewhere else in Sussex prior to Stopham. The one in Worthing in the old Inn on the Prom is most recent, and it was fab when I went there a couple of months ago.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't think the original was in Surrey, the first one I went to was at Stopham Bridge by Pulborough back in the mid 80s, they moved to Ockley (Surrey) and I think are still at the Old Schoolhouse, I think they were somewhere else in Sussex prior to Stopham. The one in Worthing in the old Inn on the Prom is most recent, and it was fab when I went there a couple of months ago.

Yes, sorry, I'm sure you're right about that, forgot it moved to Ockley (where I went) from Sussex. Did have a chat to the eponymous owner, and I do also remember him saying that he always went and got all the fish fresh off the night boats from Shoreham every morning.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
harty gone down in my estimation ,not on this subject but they way he runs hisfootball team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here