Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Botham - twat

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
BensGrandad said:
I would agree I was working at a hotel that the Somerset team was staying at Joel Garner Viv Richards etc.

About 2 am I left the restaurant to go to bed and his son Liam who was about 8 or 9 at the time was sat at the bottom of the stairs doing a word search I asked him what he was doing and did his dad know he was there the answer he gave was ' Yes he is talking to a lady in the room and its private'. Since then I thought what an arsehole and my opinion hasnt changed, this will stick in my mind for ever seeing that boy sat on those stairs.

That's one of the most Gross stories I've ever heard.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes he is out of order and needs to be punished, but it's still not deserving of the usual NSC outrage, followed by lynching. In fact most things are never quite as bad as everyone on here makes out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
maffew said:
Flintoffs et al are out of order,

he gets out for a duck then goes on the lash, some people have paid thousands to go watch this, hes should have been in the nets

In fairness, having a net in the dark, would have been a bit dangerous.

:jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Billy the Fish said:
Yes he is out of order and needs to be punished, but it's still not deserving of the usual NSC outrage, followed by lynching. In fact most things are never quite as bad as everyone on here makes out.

In this case I think you're wrong. If he's taken a pedalo out to sea whilst bladdered this story could have been a whole lot more serious and a whole lot more tragic.

Would you agree that he had been an arse then, or would it still just be a bit of fun.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we have all taken pedelos out when pissed havent we?
Ah just me then:down: :down: :down: :down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When I'm skimming through, reading quickly, I keep reading 'pedalo' as 'paedo' which casts a whole new slant on some people's comments!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
hans kraay fan club said:
Would you agree that he had been an arse then, or would it still just be a bit of fun.
Of course, all of the players were out of order and need to be punished. We don't know the real facts of the story though, only what was printed in the NOTW, and most of it was lies anyway. It was mainly made up of quotes from their 'sources', AKA barry the yts boy who does the photocopying in the office.
At the end of the day he's our best one day bowler by a long way, we can't send him home like people were suggesting. At least he didn't rape anyone :lolol::jester:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When I'm skimming through, reading quickly, I keep reading 'pedalo' as 'paedo' which casts a whole new slant on some people's comments!
z\

Well falling off a paedo whilst drunk at 4 am is most certainly an irresponsible act.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Questions said:
z\

Well falling off a paedo whilst drunk at 4 am is most certainly an irresponsible act.

The headline on the back of one of the Sunday papers, did make me do a double take;

Freddy rescued from paedo while drunk

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can't help but laugh at all this...but then I haven't spent a fortune either going there to watch them or to subscribe to Sky. As Tooting said before, the minute the word "pedalo" got mentioned, we're launched into a different world in terms of mistaking foreign tours for holidays, let alone the once every four year world cup. What a twat.:shootself

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The headline on the back of one of the Sunday papers, did make me do a double take;

Freddy rescued from paedo while drunk

But surely even in the murky light of 4 a.m. the paedo would have seen that Freddie was a grown man ?

Freddie may well feel stupid this morning but I would also feel the paedo would be questioning his judgement call.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Once in Corfu a somewhat tipsy friend fell asleep on a lilo and drifted a mile out to sea whilst dozing.

When he was rescued we admonished him in the strongest possible terms. 2 of us lost a couple of hours drinking time over the debacle.

I certainly know how Duncan Fletcher feels.

We certainly felt let down.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The lesson is - if you want to get pissed you must be a winner (like after the 2005 Ashes). If he'd scored a century and taken 5 wickets in a 200 run thrashing of New Zealand then he COULD have fallen, pissed, of a paedo (as Hans Kray Fan Club thought!) at 4:00 am and everybody would have gone "Good old Freddy!"

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I think Edna has a point here. If that had been the England football team at a major tornemant we would never hear the last of it.

These people are representing their country and are idolised by thousands of young people accross this land. They should know better.

The Ashes was different. We had won it for the first time in nearly 2 decades.

Last edited:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I don't think it'd bother me if he didn't have another game for a week and plenty of time to get over it. But when you're nearly 30, hangovers seem to hang around. Well they do for me.

Surely it would have affected his preparations being just over 24 hours before a game.

A hangover would dehydrate him, and in the heat, etc, etc.

He can do what he likes when at home, but I think we've got a right to expect an Athlete representing England to be a bit more professional. Unless of course he can't stop himself and has a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here