Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iam off to Orlando tomorrow - recommendations appreciated.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Pleasure Island was pretty good, if it is still there, lots of different clubs all playing their own type of music. There was a comedy club there as well and they did this show where they asked the audience for different words or saying and then some bloke who came into the room had to guess them from clues given by a bloke with a piano, stick with it.

The bloke I was with and these two gobby American girls we hooked up with managed to suggest a few words that they used. The compare asked for a joke, we came up with: "did you know that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny?", wasn't particularly funny but the guesser managed to work it out.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Avoid Ponderosa like the plague.. Very cheap but very shite.. Try mini burgers in Dennys!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bad luck, shit country, wanker of a president and people who are morons - have fun all the same but not for me.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Repugnant Toad said:
Congo River Golf! :clap2:

The finest Mini Golf known to man ... crocs and all!

:thumbsup:

As for the theme parks, Epcot, Sea World and Animal Kingdom are all pretty shit, the rest all have their plusses.

And make sure you go on Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. It was about a 45 minute wait for a 4 second ride when I was there, but its certainly worth it.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Don't bother trying to find Church Street Staton for a night out - it shut down a few years back.

Jungle Jims burgers at Crossroads are superb as previously mentioned.

If you want something a bit more civilised, take a trip into Celebration, the Disney town. Some nice places to eat and usually some community events going on as well.

On International Drive is one of those places where you can do indoor skydiving - you get placed over a giant fan and you get the skydiving experience without having to jump out of a plane.

Final tip if you're flying into Orlando rather than Sanford - depending on how many in the group when you go to pick up your luggage for the second time, send any drivers off to the car hire counter leaving the rest to pick up the luggage - you'll beat the queues as all the families will stick together and it could save you half an hour waiting to get your car.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This week is the start of the Nascar racing season at Daytona beach - about an hour's drive.
If that don't float yer boat, a drive out to Kenedy Space Centre is a good day out - again, about an hour's drive from Orlando - breaks up the Disney overload.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Rambo said:
Iam staying on I-drive and have booked the Mrs a swim with a dolphin for a suprise bday present. She's so god damn lucky to have me!!

Cant wait, lets hope when I come back we are out of the bottom 3!
Theres a big ghost house thingey, I think its called 'Skull Kingdom' on the corner of one of the junctions on I-Drive. Highly recommended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here