Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iam off to Orlando tomorrow - recommendations appreciated.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Well, I am off to Florida in the morning and I have to say bloody pleased to be going, need some sun and fun.

Iam sure lots have people have been, any good recommendations of places to go apart from the obvious?

Thanks
:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Church Street Station is a FANTASTIC night out, highly recommended. Bucketloads of restaurants and bars, mostly with live music and entertainment. Was one of the DEFINATE highlights of one of my "lads hols" in the mid-90's.

*sighs ruefully*

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Jungle Jims - Biggest Burgers in the World :thumbsup:

Which has a massive Crazy Golf course next door, unlike anything in the country

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Cheers easy, I def need some nightime entertainment, although Iam with Mrs Rambo so will need to be reasonably restrained!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You'll have no probs there Rambo - plenty of variety. The whole street is just wall to wall entertainment, something for all tastes. If you're in Orlando, its an unmissable night out. We were there in the run-up to the 94 World Cup, and the Irish bars were all decked out. The atmosphere there is great.

You lucky duck, I love Orlando. VERY jealous.

Last edited:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Iam staying on I-drive and have booked the Mrs a swim with a dolphin for a suprise bday present. She's so god damn lucky to have me!!

Cant wait, lets hope when I come back we are out of the bottom 3!

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Easy 10 said:
Church Street Station is a FANTASTIC night out, highly recommended. Bucketloads of restaurants and bars, mostly with live music and entertainment. Was one of the DEFINATE highlights of one of my "lads hols" in the mid-90's.

*sighs ruefully*

I seem to remember Rosie O'Grady's at Church Street Station being particularly good. Avoid the irish bars - lots of them have a police car permanently parked up nearby for good reason.

It was a while ago I went but EPCOT was a waste of time - too much like a school educational trip. A mate of mine went recently and agreed. Universal and MGM are a must though.

If it's still there, the Ponderosa Steak House was like a school canteen full of down and outs. Bennigans was a great place to go for a steak though. Also there's a sort of marble plaza at the top end of International Drive (near the wonky house - you'll know what I mean when you see it). They have a good selection of places to eat.

Found the whole place to be far too touristy though. No escape from Mickey Mouse land anywhere.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a 32 OUNCE PORTERHOUSE steak at one of the restaurant in Church St Station. I couldn't manage the fries or any of the garnish that came with it. All I could eat was the MEAT. I nearly blacked out twice, and I didn't need to eat again for about 4 days afterwards.

It was like that John Candy scene in The Great Outdoors.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You should try the Dolly Parton show or the Pirate show (keeps the missus happy, and it's not a bad evening). She will love the swim with dolphins lark - you should get STACKS that night!

If you have taken the option for the free Seaworld tickets, make sure you go in later one day and stay for Shamu Rocks America. And sit in the splash zone.

Also in Seaworld, try and get into the restaurant where you are faced with the sharks - massive wall of glass with hundreds of sharks. You need to book.

Rainforest Cafe is a giggle and Animal Kingdom, try and sit under the gorilla, and order a Volcano as well.

Quick park trick - tell the staff at the monorail it's her birthday, and can she sit in the driver's compartment....also go to customer services and get the "It's my birthday" badge - she will be sung to/at all round the park.

Have fun!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HampshireSeagulls said:
also go to customer services and get the "It's my birthday" badge - she will be sung to/at all round the park.
That sounds, frankly, horrifying.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
You say that like it's a bad thing!!

It is a bad thing. I was 18 when I went but even then I wanted to see something more that Mickey Bloody Mouse. It's just all so touristy. Fair enough the theme parks are good fun, but you have to drive miles to see anything vaguely resembling real America. I could only take so many booths offering cheap tickets to this and that.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's a great kids/girly thing when the cast members make more of a fuss of them.

It's great when you get a clown come over and start singing at you...no, sorry, flashbacks to Withdean then....:p

Seriously, it can make their day. If they get fed up, take the badge off!

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Sonic said:
It is a bad thing. I was 18 when I went but even then I wanted to see something more that Mickey Bloody Mouse. It's just all so touristy. Fair enough the theme parks are good fun, but you have to drive miles to see anything vaguely resembling real America. I could only take so many booths offering cheap tickets to this and that.

I have family who live in St Louis, so have very much seen the 'real' America and thats why Iam looking forward to all the touristy stuff!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lucky guy Rambo. I envy you.

If you like Theme Parks you must pop down to Busch Gardens in Tampa!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Rambo have been on both 'lads' and family holidays.

If you can get away with it try taking in a couple of bars down Orange Blossom Trail, The House of Babes or The Dolls House are well worth a visit.

As for food try any of the Olive Garden Chain, there are at least two on International Drive, and also go for a meal inside the Magic Kingdom at the Liberty Tavern.

Rides wise, Universal is far better than Disney, do both Universal parks over three days, as for Disney, good bits, imho, MGM, Epcot and Animal Kingdom, but a four day pass should be enough for everything and that includes a visit to a water park, Typhoon lagoon a favourite of the Hart Family.

Have fun and don't get on the scales until you've been back in this country for a at least 3 weeks!

Harty

PS When you check in try and blag an upgrade, you won't regret it.

Last edited:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Harty said:
Rambo have been on both 'lads' and family holidays.

If you can get away with it try taking in a couple of bars down Orange Blossom Trail, The House of Babes or The Dolls House are well worth a visit.

As for food try any of the Olive Garden Chain, there are at least two on International Drive, and also go for a meal inside the Magic Kingdom at the Liberty Tavern.

Rides wise, Universal is far better than Disney, do both Universal parks over three days, as for Disney, good bits, imho, MGM, Epcot and Animal Kingdom, but a four day pass should be enough for everything and that includes a visit to a water park, Typhoon lagoon a favourite of the Hart Family.

Have fun and don't get on the scales until you've been back in this country for a at least 3 weeks!

Harty

PS When you check in try and blag an upgrade, you won't regret it.

Cheers Harty, top quality advice.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here