Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I would like to hear from Dick Knight

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: I would like to hear from Dick Knight

Bromley shrimp said:
I don't think imoney's gone missing, but just want a straightforward breakdown of how the money we do get in (and how this last season) is being apportioned.

PS Any operation continually selling the silverware just to clear debt isn't in business in the true sense.

The accounts are there for all to see at Companies House. All open and above board.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Money In ie Gate Receipts, Sale of Players, Merchandising, Fundraising Schemes, etc.

Money Out ie Players Bought, Wages, Falmer, Ecovert, Debt Interest, Other

to 31/12/05 would suffice.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
tadley gull said:

Thank God for people like Knight, Lord B, Paul Samrah, and all the others who keep the faith. If there is any justice in the world then we will win, and I pin my faith on that.

I want to make it clear that no way I am having a go at Dick Knight or the people who have saved this club.
I just find it strange that since the Falmer decision we should now be free of requiring money to keep fighting the Falmer decision.
I might be wrong but the JR by LDC does not cost us any legal fees at all.
And all the points I raised should not in my opinion be affected by Falmer.
Why cant we bring in good loan signings with the money from Harding and Leon. Is it that we have lost the abillity to sell our club to these players? Adams, Coppell and McGhee at first seemed to bring in players, so whats changed?

We are skint because falmer has soaked up all the spare cash. The rest goes on wages for staff and paying for the upkeep and improvement of a stadium that we do not own, aswell as applications for the park and rides etc that we have to shell out for as a condition of playing at withdean.

All this stuff costs a lot of money. It doesn't help the frustration of supporters that the stock answer to the questions re finances is the same every time, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Until Falmer is built or some sugar daddy coughs up some serious dough Brighton and Hove Albion will continue to lack a pot to piss in. That is just the bald truth of the matter. It is as frusrtrating for the board, management, players as it is for the fans, but we just have to get on with it. Bleating on and on will not solve the problem.

We will continue to struggle on and off the field until falmer provides with us a level playing field. IMHO everyone at the club is doing the best they can.

For me the current criticism being levelled at the board and manager is exteremly harsh, with the exception of crewe we are miles behind in terms of facilities, playing resources and finance everyone else in this division, even Millwall have got a decent ground and a monied chairman FFS.

People have to get real about how difficult a job running and managing this club really is. Unless a russian billionaire takes an interest we are going to have to get by with hard work, a fighting spirit and a determination to overcome the many obstacles in our way. I think some fans have spoilt by the successes of recent seasons, arguably the most successful period in the clubs history in terms of sliverware. This has all been acheived despite the off the field nightmare that we have suffered over the last decade.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
People have to get real about how difficult a job running and managing this club really is. Unless a russian billionaire takes an interest we are going to have to get by with hard work, a fighting spirit and a determination to overcome the many obstacles in our way. I think some fans have spoilt by the successes of recent seasons, arguably the most successful period in the clubs history in terms of sliverware. This has all been acheived despite the off the field nightmare that we have suffered over the last decade.

Rant over. [/B]

Only minutes to go and will all be in place:D

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: Re: I would like to hear from Dick Knight

vulture said:
No but I worship the god that is Ernest:lolol: :lolol:

Ernest ARS is our leader :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
fosters headband said:
I want to make it clear that no way I am having a go at Dick Knight or the people who have saved this club.
I just find it strange that since the Falmer decision we should now be free of requiring money to keep fighting the Falmer decision.
I might be wrong but the JR by LDC does not cost us any legal fees at all.
And all the points I raised should not in my opinion be affected by Falmer.
Why cant we bring in good loan signings with the money from Harding and Leon. Is it that we have lost the abillity to sell our club to these players? Adams, Coppell and McGhee at first seemed to bring in players, so whats changed?
Yes, we are going to have to cough up some money in this JR. Don't know how much, and it's not as much as LDC or HMG, but it will be well into five figures. Jonathan Clay isn't cheap.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
Yes, we are going to have to cough up some money in this JR. Don't know how much, and it's not as much as LDC or HMG, but it will be well into five figures. Jonathan Clay isn't cheap.
Don't we get the Costs back from LDC if we win?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
And anyway, define winning? If LDC win their case and it goes back to Prescott, although he might turn round and say 'well hear you're points, but the decision doesn't change' (which is most likely), it still means the Albion won't get a penny of the money back, because technically LDC would have 'won' on the points they raised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here