Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder what he is on?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£8k? :lolol: People SERIOUSLY think that is a reasonable assumption to make? Anything less than £20k a week will be amazing business, but anything between that and £30k is a reasonable guess. Might be completely wrong, but would be very suprised if he is on under £20k.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
CMS is on 10k as we know, or 22k if you believe the nonsense the lot down the 23 are splurting out. I posted the FM screenshot and would guess FM is not exactly proof of his wage but at Valencia he would easily have been in the 50-70k wage bracket. That said I get the impression (from him turning down Blackburn and Leicester's larger offers) he really does just want to play where he feels right. I reckon a not-so-large basic wage with BIG appearance/win fees and a juicy bonus for helping us to promotion, maybe a wage rise if we did get to the Prem, and clauses written into his contract that we'd let him go for a certain fee. He could EASILY have got his agent to approach a mid-table Prem side and got 25k a week, no problem. This is short term, pay-as-you-play, would be staggered if it came out he was on more than 10/12k p/w. Anyone thinking we'd pay even close to 20k p/w to one player is off with the fairies.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i find it interesting how people assume his motivation must be financial and there fore must earn x otherwise he wouldnt bother. if he wanted 20k, 30k, 40k whatever, i have no doubt he could have found a Premier League club or another club in first tier elsewhere.

for all we know he's being paid nothing. or 100k per game. or literally anything inbetween. i see little reason we would pay substantial amounts which could otherwise go on several players. i think he's here for the project and an experience, on the Gus bus, not cash.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
i find it interesting how people assume his motivation must be financial and there fore must earn x otherwise he wouldnt bother. if he wanted 20k, 30k, 40k whatever, i have no doubt he could have found a Premier League club or another club in first tier elsewhere.

for all we know he's being paid nothing. or 100k per game. or literally anything inbetween. i see little reason we would pay substantial amounts which could otherwise go on several players. i think he's here for the project and an experience, on the Gus bus, not cash.

:thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've heard talk from other people that CMS is on 20ish k, and that's not from the twats up the road.

Can't see vicente being on less than 20k, considering what he would've got in la liga, and what he could've got at other clubs.

I think people need to revise their opinion of our wage structure.

Oct 25, 2003
remember that leicester (apparently) offered him 3x what we did........so in my mind imagine what would be a normal amount for a player like him, divide by 3 and that's probably what he's on with us

unless i'm being a massive maths spaz

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Whatever the weekly got to think the real meat in his contract is to do with bonuses and sell on clauses, quite possibly the reason it took so long to finalise the deal. I'd expect he's looking at a MASSIVE bonus if we get promoted plus a SERIOUS rise in wages on the second year option plus a SUBSTANTIAL percentage of transfer fee should anyone offer above a REASONABLE buy out clause.
why the caps? I'm drunk.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
remember that leicester (apparently) offered him 3x what we did........so in my mind imagine what would be a normal amount for a player like him, divide by 3 and that's probably what he's on with us

unless i'm being a massive maths spaz

Beckford on 40k up there, I would assume they offered him close to that. I reckon he's on about 15k with us.

He does seem to really want to play for us and does not need to the money.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I think somewhere around the 12 k bracket, that's what Murray wanted and we all know he wasn't worth even 8k a week with his injury proneness of lazyitous.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
FM pays players on talent and reputation. Real world if he's not playing alot of games and only resigned because he's a Valencia fan, despite manager not liking him, then he won't be on more than 15-20k at Valencia.

10k here maybe and like CMS MIGHT be on 1k appearance and 2k a goal change Vicente to 5k each?

With a modest signing bonus (more than paid for in shirt sales, interviews, media work, advertising, bums on seats if can squeeze any more in) that's still a hell of a lot less than Murray got elsewhere and little risk over 1 year. Would be a great deal and is

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
77k at Valencia? FM makes up a figure based on reputation and ability..... for that yes he's 77k but he only resigned with them (immediately after his worst injuries 4-5 years ago, he signed a 3 year straight after and the club would have offered him crap pay at that length) because he's a fan, and despite the manager not liking him. 20k at Valencia I reckon.

10k max here with similar to CMS bonus for appearance and goals and a small signing fee. 1 year deal no risk. Very different and much less to Murray chasing the $ for a crap club. They both chose to play here for less money, he chose to go there for money.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What's the constant fascination of here with what our players earn ? What does it matter ? It's not as though any of us were or will be involved with contract negotiations is it ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What's the constant fascination of here with what our players earn ? What does it matter ? It's not as though any of us were or will be involved with contract negotiations is it ?

Well yeah but it would be interesting to know eh?

However much or little it is you know that Poyet as made it clear to everyone that they not more 'important' than anyone else in the squad. Vicente probably appreciated that too I would imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here