Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wonder what he is on?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not that I think it matters, as with a one year contract and the cash cow that is the Amex and our chairmans wealth. I dont think it is an issue in the least. But it got to be £25k a week I would have thought?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not that I think it matters, as with a one year contract and the cash cow that is the Amex and our chairmans wealth. I dont think it is an issue in the least. But it got to be £25k a week I would have thought?

There is no way we would be paying that, it will be a max of £8K as he wants a chance to get to the Premiership so it is a bit of a gamble by both parties due to his injury issues, suits both parties as I believe our chairman likes a wager.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There is no way we would be paying that, it will be a max of £8K as he wants a chance to get to the Premiership so it is a bit of a gamble by both parties due to his injury issues, suits both parties as I believe our chairman likes a wager.

Got to disagree, a bit of a gamble maybe but he did play 17games last season.Thats a lot more than some with a history of injurys and the player says himself he was fit and it was more of a selection/manager thing. Plus he passed a medical(which Lualua failed)..Cant see a player with his pedigree playing for 8k a week, however smooth talking Gus is.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thruppence ha'penny and all the pies he can eat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what is our wage structure then?...

Seeing that in the Championship the odds favour the club I would say the maximum weekly wage we pay would be around £8K

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Got to disagree, a bit of a gamble maybe but he did play 17games last season.Thats a lot more than some with a history of injurys and the player says himself he was fit and it was more of a selection/manager thing. Plus he passed a medical(which Lualua failed)..Cant see a player with his pedigree playing for 8k a week, however smooth talking Gus is.

Got to disagree, can't see us breaking our wage structure - Gus is all about team building and spirit - he wouldn't want the disharmony of one billy big bollocks being paid way above the rest of the team

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
he doesnt need the money - he is here because of gus and the way he looks at football....and the city is good, and the club are going for it and on the up.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This may sound a bit strange but this is how I see it.

I think we will be the shop window that Vicente needs.I don't think he will break the bank but it think he only wants a 1 year deal so that when he proves himself there is nothing we can do to stop him moving to a top premier league club.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
You've got to speculate to accumulate...this signing is a MASSIVE statement of intent and i'm sure he will be on a good wage, but as there was no fee to get him then it's all relative.
How much more revenue will his addition add to the coffers...more shirt sales,etc, more JCL's,etc...bring it on!!
Whatever figures are involved, we are all over the moon...has there ever been a better time to be a Brighton fan?....i've been following Brighton since '77 and for me, this ride we are on is the best by a mile, despite the cup final, top flight etc...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Where did this wage structure thing come from anyway?...I was under the distinct impression that we paid players what Gus/Bloom thought they were worth to the club. On a one year deal if Vicente played 25 games and was the difference between going up or not, id say 25k a week was money well spent(that maybe the gamble). The Carling Cup run with the three games gate money and tv cash from the Liverpool game has probbley covered it already anyway.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I wonder if it could be a smallish weekly wage with big bonuses for apperances therefore if he is injured he doesn't cost much and if he is playing badly gus doesn't play him and he doesn't cost much

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
saw on the other thread a screenshot of FM where he was on £77,000 a week and £8,000 appearance fee, obviously just a game but still gotta be in the ballpark of what he was earning in spain ???

Probbley :lol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Jermaine Beckford is allegedly on £40k a week at Leicester - a £15k INCREASE on his Everton wages :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here