Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was riding my mountain bike.............

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
along Hove seafront yesterday, when some big brute of a guy kicked my beloved pannier bag and knocked me off my bike, I was laying there really hurt and then this guy squared up to me, so I just did a runner, when I got to a safe distance I did shout some abuse at him!!

I am off to Halfords today to buy a bike bell, up to now I have had to shout "Ding-a-Ling" which clearly is not good enough.

Don't suppose any of you good people saw this act of violence, by any chance?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
along Hove seafront yesterday, when some big brute of a guy kicked my beloved pannier bag and knocked me off my bike, I was laying there really hurt and then this guy squared up to me, so I just did a runner, when I got to a safe distance I did shout some abuse at him!!

I am off to Halfords today to buy a bike bell, up to now I have had to shout "Ding-a-Ling" which clearly is not good enough.

Was he in the bike lane or were you outside the bike lane?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Was he in the bike lane or were you outside the bike lane?

Well I might have been in the "No Cycling" area, but in all fairness I could not see as some woman was standing on the sign which was written on the floor, because the signage was obscured , I just don't know!

Anyway I am now going to change my cycling run to another area which will be SAFER! Preston Park should be ok?

D

Deleted User X18H

You'd still be crying in to your daffodils or what ever it is you do in Wales.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was it him

hodges.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

Well I might have been in the "No Cycling" area, but in all fairness I could not see as some woman was standing on the sign which was written on the floor, because the signage was obscured , I just don't know!

Anyway I am now going to change my cycling run to another area which will be SAFER! Preston Park should be ok?

If you'd ever been lucky enough to walk along Hove seafront. You'd know that these NO CYCLING signs are about every 200 yards.

I don't know about you, but I would do literally ANYTHING to protect my kids and if that means kicking someone off a bike they are riding aggressively in NO CYCLING AREA then so be it.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
:lolol:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If you'd ever been lucky enough to walk along Hove seafront. You'd know that these NO CYCLING signs are about every 200 yards.

I don't know about you, but I would do literally ANYTHING to protect my kids and if that means kicking someone off a bike they are riding aggressively in NO CYCLING AREA then so be it.

There is a diffrence is protecting them and wrapping them in cotton wool.
Were you bullied as a child ????

D

Deleted User X18H

So you think allowing a cyclist to ride into your child might be good for them?

Make em harder get em ready for the life ahead.

No I wasn't.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

:lolol::lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Maybe you could write a blog about it

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

No I wasn't.

As said on the other thread it was a complete overreaction, assuming yout act of “Timmy becomes the Enforcer” actually happened.

The guy admittedly riding in the wrong place,( not the biggest crime in the world) doesn’t have a bell, so to replicate this say’s ding a ling to let you know and you little one of his presence and you take this as an act of sarcasm, and a personal slight on your character and become all macho, super hero like and kick him off his bike ?
Oh please !

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Well reading through some of todays new threads, it would seem that I was not the only one to have some issues happening along Hove Prom!!

Anyway you will all be pleased to know that i have been to Halfords and have purchased a very unique bell, it does not only play "Ding-a-Ling"......it actually plays the whole song!!!!

I will be extremely safe when riding my bike around Preston Park now, and anyone gets in my way i will just press the button and away it plays at full blast.........

When I was a little biddy boy
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Silver bells hanging on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My Ding-A-Ling My Ding-A-Ling I want you to play with My Ding-A-Ling

Then mama took me to Sunday school
They tried to teach me the Golden Rule
But when the choir would stand and sing
I'd sit there and play with my Ding-a-ling-a-ling

Then mama took me to Grammar school
But I stopped off in the Besta Beau
Every time that bell would ring
Catch me playing with my ding-a-ling

Once I was climbing the garden wall,
I slipped and had a terrible fall
I fell so hard I heard birds ring,
But held on to My ding-a-ling

Once I was swimming cross turtle creek
those snapping turtls were snapping at my feet
Sure was hard swimming cross that thing
with both hands holding my ding-a-ling

This here song it ain't so sad
The cutest little song you ever had
Those of you who will not sing
You must be playing with your own Ding-a-ling

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No I wasn't.
But you clearly state in the other thread, the cyclist WASN'T going to hit your child.
What were you protecting him from?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
God that doesn't half make you sound like a 'me me me tw@t'.

And I'm one of the few, on here, who had never before resorted to calling you names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here