Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was actually there, when...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
... when Gerry Armstrong got sent off at Southwick in the Sussex Senior Cup, hurdled the little fence, ran up the terrace and headbutted the fan who had been abusing him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
... when Gerry Armstrong got sent off at Southwick in the Sussex Senior Cup, hurdled the little fence, ran up the terrace and headbutted the fan who had been abusing him.

Moments like that....priceless :lolol:

I would LOVE to have been there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Your OBSESSION - and it has got to that now - with me is quite disturbing; on a par with that prat who posted above this one.

I suppose I could take it as a backhanded compliment; it implies you spend time thinking about me, which is far more than I could say about someone as dull as you.

Oh lighten up you big Jessie. Its raining, I`m waiting for the primer to dry inside, I`ve got to do something.

Anyway ignore me

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did he do a medley of his hits?

I think he fell asleep after 10 mins of Bono and Sting comparing their saving the world feats. Suprised he could get on the stage with those two egos already on it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He wrote ''The naughty but nice '' slogan uttered by Patricia Hayes amongst other advertising British dairy products in the eighties.

Rushdie obviously I`m taliking about here............... Bono has never written anything anywhere near as good in his time.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

If he did that when he was at Spurs he would have a very sore head. 25000 headbutts :p

I was there when wardy scored a hatrick for the England u21s at the goldstone.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm liking the Beckham reference, I should remember that more often, as I was there.

Billy Hungrecker (sp) wow what a blast from the past.

I was actually there when Concorde flew it's one and only time, into Gatwick.

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm liking the Beckham reference, I should remember that more often, as I was there.

Billy Hungrecker (sp) wow what a blast from the past.

I was actually there when Concorde flew it's one and only time, into Gatwick.

I saw Concorde taking off from Gatwick as I went past on a train in 1990 or 1991

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I was there at the Goldstone when the Albion beat Fulham in the Christmas period match in 1958 in front of the record Albion gate of 36,747. :albion2:

Oh yes, I was also at the Arms Park Cardiff in 1973 when the Baa-Baa's beat the All-Blacks 23-11 in a match which included the glorious try by Gareth Edwards.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
In dressing room with players after we beat Newcastle to go up it was mental, only twelve at time but teddy gave me some of his champagne.Also working at bedford Hotel when Grand went up had to come in and help guests from grand not so good

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I watched Johnny Wilkinson score his first EVER try in any match (went to the same school as him).

Other stuff that I doubt anyone would find that interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here