Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] I want to drive a Ferrari

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd do a test track / experience day jobbie. I think when you hire one for the day there's quite a strict mileage allowance, and it's not that much!

A friend of mine wanted to drive a Ferrari, a McLaren, a Bentley Speed and a Lamborghini.

He jumped in his £150,000 Porsche GT3 RS, drove to each dealer, parked it obnoxiously on the forecourt on purpose, looked only mildly interested, and had the pointy shoe suits falling all over him with keys to them all.

He drove the lot and liked the McLaren best. He's kept his Porsche though.

Anyway... Have a lovely Birthday and don't prang it. The older Ferraris don't have all the technical handling wizardry of the new ones!!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Old Triumph on a bumpy road?

Converted Two Seater Mk IX Trainer, the RAF never had them hence the amount of Pilots who never made it past training.

Here are your Pilots Notes, there is the Spitfire, off You go

Have done a couple of Simulator sessions, didn't get a Loop right and hit the ground rather hard between Chichester and Bognor. :blush:

Don't imagine I'll be allowed to try one on the day but would be happy just to do a couple of gentle turns as long as I was actually flying it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
D6FD5660-33FB-4BF1-8EE5-08BA90CA4632.png

50p

(Magical Sound Shower on the radio!)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
egion
That's brilliant, my Racing was Karting in the 1970s-80s. Senna/Prost/Mansell era. Won a few Regional Trophies but clearly wasn't quite as good as them...

Believe it or not I was asked ( offered) to drive this . . . I'm just a keen amateur too. . . .we finished 9th overall, (70 odd grid) and won the index ( as big a deal as overall @ LeMans) we were utterly spanked by Andy Wallace in a hot rod D type Jag . . . . The car owner was over the moon, he's had many a porsche over the years and we beat all the others, in our race, Its a 1954 pre A 356, 1500cc ( 170 BHP-750 kg) drum braked Rover biscuit tin ( ****ing terrifying when you're doing 125mph and see Mulsanne corner!)

Little victories, take and cherish, there are a lot of links in a chain . . . None of them are easy.

BoT . . . Easy10. should have a good think about gratification. . . . . . There are soo many fab things to do . . .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
In wisborough Green ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One session on the Wisborough Green one, one on the Boultbee Version at Goodwood (which is better and should be at the price!). Still need to do a few more as the other person who will be doing the genuine flight, either just before or after me, flies 737's as his day job (following his RAF career chasing the Russian Navy as a Nimrod pilot).

I would guess he has about 10,000 hours on various Boeings and Airbuses aside from his RAF stuff but luckily I have been told jet pilots don't always make good Spitfire pilots.

I don't believe this for a minute but I'm going to enjoy it whatever... :cool:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
One session on the Wisborough Green one, one on the Boultbee Version at Goodwood (which is better and should be at the price!). Still need to do a few more as the other person who will be doing the genuine flight, either just before or after me, flies 737's as his day job (following his RAF career chasing the Russian Navy as a Nimrod pilot).

I would guess he has about 10,000 hours on various Boeings and Airbuses aside from his RAF stuff but luckily I have been told jet pilots don't always make good Spitfire pilots.

I don't believe this for a minute but I'm going to enjoy it whatever... :cool:

Hope u have a great time and welcome to wizzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's lucky I saw this thread, mine was due to expire in two weeks so I've just extended it. Now just got to book it and choose 3 from

Ariel Atom
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren MP4-12C
Audi R8
Aston Martin

decisions, decisions :wink:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's lucky I saw this thread, mine was due to expire in two weeks so I've just extended it. Now just got to book it and choose 3 from

Ariel Atom
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren MP4-12C
Audi R8
Aston Martin

I would do the McLaren all day long, absolute beasts depending on how they have been chipped.

I work at Ricardo at couple of days a year and you can see the engines being hand built to all sorts of specifications depending on how daft you are.

Having raced Long Circuit Karts I would also do the Ariel Atom because it seems similar to a 250 International (150MPH at Silverstone with the track around 2 inches under your arse is an interesting experience).

The Ferrari just to say I have driven one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I would do the McLaren all day long, absolute beasts depending on how they have been chipped.

I work at Ricardo at couple of days a year and you can see the engines being hand built to all sorts of specifications depending on how daft you are.

Having raced Long Circuit Karts I would also do the Ariel Atom because it seems similar to a 250 International (150MPH at Silverstone with the track around 2 inches under your arse is an interesting experience).

The Ferrari just to say I have driven one.

correct answers I think. Astons have never been great to drive, I'm guessing the Audi is sterile and Lambo are better at tractors and boilers.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

Ariel Atom
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren MP4-12C
Audi R8
Aston Martin

Got bought this - or something very similar - by my kids for my fiftieth (so some years ago now). Went for the Ferrari, Lambo and Aston Martin. It was a fun day out, helped by the fact that it was on a gloriously warm June day at Dunsfold. Did the usual thing of haring round the track in the Ferrari and Lambo, which was fun. Once I got in the Aston Martin things just felt different. Much to the annoyance of the instructor riding shotgun I plodded round like a pensioner just enjoying being in the car, it just felt too nice to go hacking round with tyres squealing like I had in the previous two.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

Ariel Atom
Ferrari 458
Lamborghini Gallardo
McLaren MP4-12C
Audi R8
Aston Martin

Ariel Atom has to be one!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm approaching 50 not out, and my family are at a LOSS as to what to get me. So I've decided to scratch my midlife crisis itch and make a big scab - I want to drive a Ferrari.

I've always got a semi-on whenever I've seen a 308 (although naturally that will have been down to the aura and manful STENCH of Tom Selleck), but a 328 or summink along those lines. Anyone done a track session, or even (gulp) taken one out for a day ? Can I do it on GROUPON ?

I realise I could look this shit up myself, but its MY birthday, and so its all about ME. All advice gratefully receipted :)

I don't think you should do this, on the basis that there will be an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here