Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact Jongleurs SE25 may well make the play-offs.

So if that is the case, it will be funnier the higher they finish, ideally third, when they eventually come a cropper. As long as they don't get too close to Sheff Utd.

And Southampton's implosion is quite amusing. I think you are justified, I'd be looking for a draw personally.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Hiney said:
I'm going to St Marys on Wednesday to watch Southampton v Palace and find myself wanting Palace to win.

The basis for this is that Southampton are only 6 points ahead of us, whereas Palace are 20 points ahead.

Is this wrong?
Hiney. You have just revealed your true self and answered my all my doubts about you. You are a true closet Palace fan and I look up to you for revealing your secret. Sing up for the Palace Weds night and we will no doubt turn them over.:bowdown: :bowdown: :clap2: :drink:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hiney said:
I'm going to St Marys on Wednesday to watch Southampton v Palace and find myself wanting Palace to win.

The basis for this is that Southampton are only 6 points ahead of us, whereas Palace are 20 points ahead.

Is this wrong?
Hmm. Whilst I agree that the "What's the best result for us?" rule should always take precedence over just wanting to see Palace lose I am a bit preturbed by the tone of your post. 'Wanting Palace to win' sounds like you're (almost) going there to support them. You should do the decent thing and spend the entire time in the bar and then if the Nigels sneak a win you can console yourself with the fact that at least Southampton lost.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Hiney said:

Is this wrong?

No, it's not wrong as your reason for wanting this is for the benefit of the Albion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Saints got cash to strenghten 7 are better than there position at the moment suggests.
I hope Palace get stuffed & yes you are wrong :D

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Re: Re: I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

Croydonbloke said:
Hiney. You have just revealed your true self and answered my all my doubts about you. You are a true closet Palace fan and I look up to you for revealing your secret. Sing up for the Palace Weds night and we will no doubt turn them over.:bowdown: :bowdown: :clap2: :drink:

Ha Ha

The other thing that worries me is that I am taking my 13 year old daughter and it concerns me that if she catches sight of any Palace fans she may be traumatised. I dread to think what may happen to her if Iain Dowie crosses her path. She will be scarred for life

:clap2: :clap2:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Re: Re: Re: I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

Hiney said:
Ha Ha

The other thing that worries me is that I am taking my 13 year old daughter and it concerns me that if she catches sight of any Palace fans she may be traumatised. I dread to think what may happen to her if Iain Dowie crosses her path. She will be scarred for life

How could you do that to one so young?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Hiney said:
Ha Ha

Use it as a warning. Tell her that he was good looking before he set foot in Selhurst.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Yes it is wrong. Sorry

This is Palace we are talking about here. Southampton are not going to be relegated and the only acceptable reason for wanting Palace to win would be if they were playing somebody who would relegate us if they won.

I suggest that you wash you mouth out with Domestos and write 10,000 times 'Palace are Shite' until you come to your senses.

:lolol:

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Hiney said:
Ha Ha

Why would you do that to her? The poor child will have nightmares for the rest of her life if she comes too close o the elephant man.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex

Hiney said:
Ha Ha

She will be wanting to see us play every week and will asked you why as her Father have you put her through the heart ache of watching Brighton for so long. Do the decent thing Hiney and buy her a Palace scarf to keep her warm on a cold Weds evening.:clap:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

Croydonbloke said:
She will be wanting to see us play every week and will asked you why as her Father have you put her through the heart ache of watching Brighton for so long. Do the decent thing Hiney and buy her a Palace scarf to keep her warm on a cold Weds evening.:clap:

:salute:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

mcshane in the 79th said:
She will be :dance: in the streets with Hiney after our win also.

Your reply lacks humour and speaks volumes about your level of thinking. :lolol:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

Croydonbloke said:
She will be :dance: in the streets with Hiney after our win also.

Your reply lacks humour and speaks volumes about your level of thinking. :lolol:

Couldn't bring myself to justify that ridiculous comment with a properly worded response. I had to bring myself down to the simple level of the Palace fan I'm afraid. Sorry

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Rest assured people, Sophie is WELL versed in the terrible consequences of supporting Palace.

She has to contend with her Grandad being Palace but there is no chance she will follow suit as she can see the terrible damage that such an affliction can do to someone.

Like most 13 year olds, she has a good idea of what's cool and what's not and she most DEFINATELY doesn't want to end up in one of these:

gypsycaravans0fe.jpg

:thumbsup:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I want Palace to WIN - is this wrong?

mcshane in the 79th said:
Couldn't bring myself to justify that ridiculous comment with a properly worded response. I had to bring myself down to the simple level of the Palace fan I'm afraid. Sorry
mcshane in the 79th if you think my comments are that serious then you take all this too literally and should give it a break for a while.:drink:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Hiney said:
Rest assured people, Sophie is WELL versed in the terrible consequences of supporting Palace.

She has to contend with her Grandad being Palace but there is no chance she will follow suit as she can see the terrible damage that such an affliction can do to someone.

Like most 13 year olds, she has a good idea of what's cool and what's not and she most DEFINATELY doesn't want to end up in one of these:

gypsycaravans0fe.jpg

:thumbsup:
Is that her Grandad leading the big White at the front then.:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here