I Want my Say on the Dwayne Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Safeway said:
Without wishing to drag the whole subject up again - especially seeing as Bozza has specificallky asked that it be left alone - I would like to point out that, having spoken personally with the person who made the complaint, it wasn't the original poll that caused as much offence as the fact that certain people said they would rather be a certain type of person that another.

Titanic, I agree 100%. :)
Incidentally, I didn't mean to have a go at that particular person. I could have equally illustrated my point (which is off at a bit of a tangent) by pointing out that there are people on this board who frequently threaten physical violence through PMs and don't get pulled up, and that the mods made the decision to temporarily ban twatty and Looney, not the board. Looney's ban was plain dumb in my view - he merely posted an unpleasant picture, but personally I'd have just removed it and got him to apologise.

The fact is, the mods run this board, and they make their own decisions and that seems fair enough to me. That very reasonable decision was to ban dwayne so I have no sympathy for dwayne at all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Kalimantan Gull said:
How does banning help though? If you want to be on here you can just re-register under another name and then carry on until the next time you are banned? and so on

The thing is Kally that certain, um, how can I put this? 'personality traits' shine through regardless of the name you see on the screen.

There is no way David Lee should ever have been banned - it's f***ing outrageous!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kalimantan Gull said:
How does banning help though? If you want to be on here you can just re-register under another name and then carry on until the next time you are banned? and so on

All new registrations have to be moderated before they can post. The email address has to be a valid one since the board will send an email with a clickable link. Don't click on the link, and you don't even get close - so if the email address is false you won't get anywhere. In addition, web based email accounts are not permitted for new registrants any longer - making it more difficult for abusive and malicious users to register. Of course - there are hundreds if not thousands of such email providers and we don't know them all. But any new domain in an email address is checked out.

In addition the IP address of the registrant is checked out and cross-referenced against every IP address used by every NSC user since this version of the board has been running. Any suspicious patterns will be immediately obvious. Of course - there are many anonymous proxy servers about that people can hop on. For that reason IP address banning is really quite a futile exercise (apart from people like me who have the same IP address all day every day).

People will get on if they really, really want to - I'd be stupid for suggesting otherwise. But NSC has always been about mass participation - we don't want to make it too difficult for people to join in should they want. The balance is probably just about right - join with an ISP/work provided email address and you'll be able to post very quickly.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
EmoticonToilet.gif

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lush said:
We had a vote. The majority voted to get rid. You can't get much more democratic than that.
Voting people to be banned or un-banned is not right and yet again is the clan who stick together.

Some people need to get a life they rearly do:smokin:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nobody voted for Dwayne to be banned. He was banned for what was considered by the mods, consistant misuse of the board.

Remember, Bozza uses his own money (and time) so we can use this and if he decides to ban somebody for whatever reason then it's his choice.

There's no shortage of other BHA boards so those who don't like the way this board is moderated can vote with their feet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let sleeping dogs lie - a happier place now NSC

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah ,lets knock this thread on the head, i'm sure Dwaynes got Bozzas e-mail ,let them sort it out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
No much worse, I was walking down Queens Rd this morning and bumped into Martin Perry :angry: :angry:

Queens Road is a nice place to hang out :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
I shall eat so many Easter Eggs I'll probably explode :clap2: :clap2:

Why not try I diet instead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here