Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wanna go home chant

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If you like the city then don't sing it, others might not of had such a good experience or may just be cranking the opposition fans...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah but it doesn't "crank" anybody, we've all heard it a million times & it's just a boring, pointless chant. Sung by people who (somehow) genuinely seem to think it's the height of wit and hilarity. Usually followed by the equally tedious "shall we sing a song for you", "your support is f***ing shit" (sung even when it quite manifestly ISN'T shit), and the once-amusing but now chronically overused "is that your fire drill".

Presumably these people go round every day repeating old jokes to their work colleagues.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I had words with some lads in a pub before the Blackpool game, they were singing "Blackpools a shithole", when i asked them to stop they said it was just banter, but the only other people in the pub were half a dozen local OAP's who were obviously not football fans, It just seemed crass and pointless.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
" Der der der der f***ing useless " :facepalm:

Don't mind singing this if it is an actual SITTER that someone has missed but WHY do alot of people feel the need to sing it after every missed chance the opposition have?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah but it doesn't "crank" anybody, we've all heard it a million times & it's just a boring, pointless chant. Sung by people who (somehow) genuinely seem to think it's the height of wit and hilarity. Usually followed by the equally tedious "shall we sing a song for you", "your support is f***ing shit" (sung even when it quite manifestly ISN'T shit), and the once-amusing but now chronically overused "is that your fire drill".

Presumably these people go round every day repeating old jokes to their work colleagues.

Jeez, you must be a laugh to be partnered with......

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
I had words with some lads in a pub before the Blackpool game, they were singing "Blackpools a shithole", when i asked them to stop they said it was just banter, but the only other people in the pub were half a dozen local OAP's who were obviously not football fans, It just seemed crass and pointless.

May also add, it was AWAY fans only pub, so kind of rules out "banter" when there are no blackpool fans to banter with! This chant was followed by ... "you burnt your own town" ...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Fair enough, I look forward to you putting forward new and interesting chants week in and week out instead of the old ALBIOOOONNNNN ALLLLLLBIIIIOOOONNNNNN! and others we sing. Oh yea wait, 90% of the chants put forward on here are slated by the same people slating the current chants.

Jesus how precious some people can be.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm getting f***ing bored of cunts moaning about this song, not quite as bad the cunts who keep moaning about GOSBTS being song too fast.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2

May also add, it was AWAY fans only pub, so kind of rules out "banter" when there are no blackpool fans to banter with! This chant was followed by ... "you burnt your own town" ...

Songs were being sung in the Blackpool pub to get the Brighton fans up for a sing song. There were other songs that were being sung not just shit hole, burnt down etc.
It seems that the people posting on here are just highlighting a couple of the songs sung, i couldn't see people moaning about singing buckley song, or CMS / Vincente etc.

And to be fair i witnessed the bloke having a pop at probably the biggest bloke in the pub (built like a tank) saying how out of order he was to be singing these songs, i thought this is going to go off in a moment. Good on the big bloke for not reacting to the bait, cos the bloke having the pop was being a bit of a plonker. If it had been me (especially with beer) i might have reacted in a different way, and a slap being thrown..

anyway we are all there for the same thing, Football, and if you can't handle banter, go and watch netball..

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think some people take football chants far too literally :facepalm:

Can you imagine the threads and posts on here if the internet had been around when we sang "Johnny Crumplin Football Genius" The place would have gone into meltdown

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
Songs were being sung in the Blackpool pub to get the Brighton fans up for a sing song. There were other songs that were being sung not just shit hole, burnt down etc.
It seems that the people posting on here are just highlighting a couple of the songs sung, i couldn't see people moaning about singing buckley song, or CMS / Vincente etc.

And to be fair i witnessed the bloke having a pop at probably the biggest bloke in the pub (built like a tank) saying how out of order he was to be singing these songs, i thought this is going to go off in a moment. Good on the big bloke for not reacting to the bait, cos the bloke having the pop was being a bit of a plonker. If it had been me (especially with beer) i might have reacted in a different way, and a slap being thrown..

anyway we are all there for the same thing, Football, and if you can't handle banter, go and watch netball..

I can take banter, i give it with the best of them, and anyone who knows me will tell you that. However you burnt your own town was funny ... at selhurst ...

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton

*Vicente

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another one I'm getting rather tired of is the

"duh duh duh duh...f***ing useless"

every time an effort goes off target. And I mean EVERY time, whether its skied into the stands or hits the post.

Every. Single. Time.

I HATE that chant. It's another one I think of as a shit Southampton chant, best left to them.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting

You are right about all the other songs being sung, they were singing all the players songs,which was great, the only song which i felt was wrong was the "shithole song", which normally i don't have a problem with (in fact i have sung it on more than one occasion), i felt sorry for the OAP's having to listen to it and didn't feel it was banter. I did go over to the big lad to explain why i had a go and there certainly was no hard feelings after, as we both said goodbye to each other as he left the pub. I'm sorry if you felt i was being a plonker, it wasn't my intention to come across this way.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

That's me down to just one then at the Amex from now on.

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
It was almost as bad as the "we built your stadium" chant....didn't get that one, thought the ground was pretty good myself..it was built in 1898 by the way, am I missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here