Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i walked out at half time

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Are you lot saying. he's gonna BEAT UP anyone who takes the piss?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I have a bit of sympathy for MPL yes the cateringis a bit iffy now and again on the concorses but have to say stewards seem much better than at withers ,yes withers was a shithole but it was ur shithole watching Bobby score ,FDM amazing saves, hearing Danny shout lets ave a winner .But now we have moved on remeber the good times but there are better ones to come.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are you lot saying. he's gonna BEAT UP anyone who takes the piss?

Of course not. They are making 2 points:

1. There's lots of hard men behind keyboards who would not dare repeat to the OP's face what they've written here.
2. Anyone who knows the OP knows he's not a drama queen nor a Johnny Come Lately. He's blown his top on here because (and it's an educated guess) some jumped up weekend warrior in a hi-viz and an ounce of authority was provoking Dave to his limit and if he'd said what he truly felt at the time he would, in all probability, get a ban.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Of course not. They are making 2 points:

1. There's lots of hard men behind keyboards who would not dare repeat to the OP's face what they've written here.
2. Anyone who knows the OP knows he's not a drama queen nor a Johnny Come Lately. He's blown his top on here because (and it's an educated guess) some jumped up weekend warrior in a hi-viz and an ounce of authority was provoking Dave to his limit and if he'd said what he truly felt at the time he would, in all probability, get a ban.

Maybe. But let's go back to how this thread started...

nothing to do with the football, i've just had it with being taken for a fuckin MUG at the amex.
its time they started treating people like fuckin CUSTOMERS and not heads of fuckin CATTLE.
catering SUCKS
stewards SUCK.

sort it out you fuckers.

...and it comes across as more than just a little bit drama queen-ish. The fact is most people won't know the OP, in the same way most NSCers do not know most others. As such it was down to him to provide a bit of perspective which he didn't do for some time.

If he'd included something like...

"I had a really bad experience at the Amex today, so much so that I left the ground at half time. I can't go into specific details here, now, as I'm raising it with the club." then the 'hard men behind keyboards' would have had no room for manoeuvre.

In summary: most of us have probably jumped down the throats of another poster when we've had a lack of context.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In summary: most of us have probably jumped down the throats of another poster when we've had a lack of context.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing though. Remember I emailed you and a few others after the Millwall game when I was threatened with getting arrested by the police for giving it back to some Millwall fans - I honestly don't think it would have been possible for many people at that point to have written anything starting with "I had a really bad experience at the Amex..."

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Whoa, I'm not having a go at Guinness Dave, But why is everyone telling us how tough he is?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Because he is. He is a Falklands vet and built like an outside toilet so people had better piss him off at their peril !

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Whoa, I'm not having a go at Guinness Dave, But why is everyone telling us how tough he is?
Dunno. Hes just a big friendly lump to me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So your saying he's violent then?

:jester:

I don't know as I don't know him that well. I have met him a few times and is not someone I would want to piss off. He seems a decent, amiable bloke but there's only so many times you can pull a Lion's tail without a reaction imo.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't know as I don't know him that well. I have met him a few times and is not someone I would want to piss off. He seems a decent, amiable bloke but there's only so many times you can pull a Lion's tail without a reaction imo.
:) don't worry US, I'm only pulling your leg.

I don't know Dave other than what I've read on here, as you say he seems a decent bloke and a good BHA supporter. I hope whatever went wrong on Saturday is resolved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here