Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I thought I knew my stuff on the albion until.....

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ten out of ten! And I did NOT cheat, although the 'number of managers since 2000' was a total guess.

Anyway, I'm officially an uberfan. Bow down and worship me.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Six for me. couldn't see a link to what I got wrong, only an invitation to try the quiz again.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Question 7 is wrong because I am sure that we wore white with blue edging and to the best of my knowledge we have never worn PLAIN white shirts at home. If my memeory isnt as good as it was I am sure somebody will put me right.

I also got the Ward question wrong but so did they and I put Bath for Bobby Z but as everybody knows ity was from Rovers and he was on loan to Bath Cithy. so my 8/10 was ok I thought.
Yes we did, sometime in the early 1970s. At no stage though have we worn white with blue sleeves, the white shirt had blue cuffs, but not full sleeves. I'm sure someone can post a picture.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
8/10.

First name and Wardy both wrong. I could have sworn we were called Brighton and Hove Rangers originally! ???

It was United when they first formed. They disbanded after a year or so, then reformed as Rangers before changing to Albion..

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We definitely wore white one season. I am of an age that during my early years we never wore stripes.
Likewise. When I first went we used to wear that 'sheff wed' style kit of plain blue shirts with white sleeves. When we first switched to stripes (or to be fair switched back to stripes) I didn't like it. I can JUST about accept them now, but if we went back to that 1960s kit I'd be delighted! I might even buy a replica shirt!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
10/10 I am lying in bed dying with the flu :albion2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Likewise. When I first went we used to wear that 'sheff wed' style kit of plain blue shirts with white sleeves. When we first switched to stripes (or to be fair switched back to stripes) I didn't like it. I can JUST about accept them now, but if we went back to that 1960s kit I'd be delighted! I might even buy a replica shirt!

Same. Except that I only wear my my replica TOFFS shirt - 'sheff wed' with button up collar (which I do not think we ever wore as a kit - I only saw us wear the round-neck one). I also like it it as it has the towns badge on it. Also they are good quality - I have had it 13 years! (tight-wad).

I remember my friend telling me he wanted the stripes back - I wondered what he was talking about.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
You scored 6 out of a possible 10
Looks like they corrected the BZ question

7. Which club did Brighton sign Bobby Zamora from in 2000?

Correct answer: Bristol Rovers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
8/10 for me. Quite happy with that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes we did, sometime in the early 1970s. At no stage though have we worn white with blue sleeves, the white shirt had blue cuffs, but not full sleeves. I'm sure someone can post a picture.
I agree about the white with blue edging and the fact that we have never had white with complete blue sleeves but I also would like somebody to post a picture of our all white kit, which I cannot remember other than the kit brought in by Freddie Goodwin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here