Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think some people need to RAISE their expectations of next season

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Would rather go up, and then have the entertaining season in the prem.

It's gotta be our target surely.

You do have a point about West Ham tho mate.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And how on earth can you judge that ? You don't know who we'll be playing next year and you don't know what our squad will be. If we changed nothing, I doubt this squad would finish as high as this season.

I said we have a good chance... that will, of course, depend on our player investment and those of other clubs... I could ask you 'how do you know we don't have a good chance?'

So much negativity... thank goodness those in charge are more positive about our future...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
At last a sensible poster. Exactly what I meant. I would hate to be in Gus's position when asked where we are aiming for. Because if he said 'automatic' a lot of people would get on his back and constantly moan if we didn't achieve it. But on the flip side if he didn't set his sights that high he would be called unambitious etc. We are a club on the up, and obviously promotion is the target, but if we don't get promoted we should stick with Gus (providing he doesn't leave) because I believe he will build a top quality squad. And if that has to happen slowly, so be it. But I fear some on here will grow impatient if we don't make the top 6 at least next year.

Wake up! Those who will get 'impatient' include Gus (definitely) and, possibly, Tony...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't understand.

Who could Bloom be disappointed with for being "profligate" other than the one person he gives money to?

The midfield and strikers for GIVING away possession to much.

Its annoyed the f*** out of me to be fair.

Eddie Howe "Brighton will give you the ball back" notice the word GIVE.

Which suggests that we don have quite the right players to fit the style.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Firstly I do no see why next season will be a harder league, we will no doubt hit a bit of second season syndrome but hopefully be improved enough to get through this. Most of the comments here seem to be very black and white, very hit or miss I don't see it that way there are levels and different successes depending on our position next season but the way I see it is we should be aiming to win the league and all talk and thoughts should be focused on winning the league. I am convinced we are not ruthless or single minded enough in this country (a national trait) in terms of winning sports but at the end of the season it is more of a scale of how well we have done along the lines of:
below 10th - season is a loss (unless there are extenuating circumstances ie half the squad injured for 6 months)
10th - 6th: improvement but unless there are indirect signs of improvement we should have done better
6th-3rd: this is a realistic target to aim for and for me would be a successful season of growth and development
1st or 2nd: perfect season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here