Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Had mine for a couple of days...

but is clearing up already:clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Beechams all in one will sort you out

I developed a cold the other week, and it really started to kick in on the Saturday. Felt pretty crappy Saturday evening but I was f***ed if I was gonna let it stop me going out on the piss Saturday night. Got absolutely steaming that evening and felt fine after that. Give it a go.

:drink:

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ride it out in the knowledge that the next one you get wont be as bad.
Its medically proved people who take antibiotics such as lemsip etc have a lower immune system to colds

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I tend to sit in a sauna with olbas oil or eucalyptus. Usually does the trick. I'll be doin it later. God knows why I came to work.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not much you can do but alleviate the symptoms to a degree.

Normally i'm not one for conspiracy theories but i rather like the one that suggests that a cure for the common cold has probably been found but it will never be released. The bottom line is that the Pharmaceutical companies make too much money from the products like Night Nurse, Lemsip etc that they flog by the million to us.

Mar 24, 2005
I generally don't find over-the-counter remedies effective, but the Vicks First Defence nasal spray has worked really well when i felt i had a cold coming. However, if you use it, drink a glass of water and do not lie down afterwards as it starts to trickle down your throat...tastes like a Palace fan has jizzed in your mouth

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Lots of fluids and fruit - might not get rid of it, but tends to make it more bearable

Can't beat some chicken soup as well!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Yet I can remember YOU being one of the biggest fans of it last time this topic was brought up. You full of how since you'd started to take it regularly you hadn't been ill!

indeed. The placebo effect!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
6 weeks?!? Bloody hell, that's an impressive cold.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to bad today, so should be gone for Xmas after all

Last edited:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
If you're a woman then you just carry on with the odd sniff now and then.
If you're a man the I suggest you tell everyone, talk through your nose, sit on the sofa with your feet up and throw tissues on the floor.:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
any advice on how to get rid of it quickly? Or to stop it getting bad at all?

don't be such a WOMAN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here