Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I think El Abd is Ill rather than dropped

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thought Dunk did well again tonight. Did anyone else see him in the first half try to tackle with his head. He was laying on the floor after a scramble and the Derby player had a clear shooting chance. Dunk dived forward and tried to tackle with his head. Incredible commitment. Big round of applause from the north stand after he finally got up.

John Terry does silly things like that but everyone thinks he's a c*nt.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought Dunk did well again tonight. Did anyone else see him in the first half try to tackle with his head. He was laying on the floor after a scramble and the Derby player had a clear shooting chance. Dunk dived forward and tried to tackle with his head. Incredible commitment. Big round of applause from the north stand after he finally got up.

That was sensational. Top marks to Dunk for that.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
While I don't think Dunk or Greer were that bad, Derby did seem to have a fair few free headers which I don't think they'd have been allowed with El-Abd on the pitch

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
That was sensational. Top marks to Dunk for that.

Very John Terry brave lion-esque

John-Terry-dives-in-front-006.jpg

Had a feeling before the match that we'd see Dunk start. So wouldn't be surprised if it was just Poyet resting him, and an added small virus/bug might have just made it that much easier for Poyet

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
perhaps, although the romain god is a PERFECT defensive substitute in my view
Vincelot is the perfect sub because he can play about EIGHT positions but as a defensive sub, El-Abd can play all across the back four as well as Vincelot.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I thought Dunk played really well yesterday given that he's been out of the squad for a while. Some nice passes and great commitment. Did the simple stuff well too. Showed maturity beyond his years dealing with being dropped and grabbing his chance when it came again. I'd continue to play him, so long as he continues to perform, unless the opposing striker needs 'el-abd'-ing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dunk playing over El Abd was one of the reasons why Mattock had such a good game, El Abd for one reason or another simply cant get Mattock involved in the game like Dunk does.

Dunks passsing range is a lot lot better than El-Abds.

Dunk at home, El-Bad away....simple :)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
While I don't think Dunk or Greer were that bad, Derby did seem to have a fair few free headers which I don't think they'd have been allowed with El-Abd on the pitch

This, could not believe how many headers Greer and Dunk got beaten too last night, I think about three just cleared Brez's bar.
They need to dominate the ariel threat more because that is Brez's weakness

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This, could not believe how many headers Greer and Dunk got beaten too last night, I think about three just cleared Brez's bar.
They need to dominate the ariel threat more because that is Brez's weakness

As I have said before neither Dunk nor Greer are very good in the air that is why we look so much better with El Abd in the centre of defence. Dunk did ok apart from some very wayward long passes near the end which put us under pressure but I am hopeful that El Abd will soon be back preferably against Forest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Squad rotation? Let's just be happy that we hav both of them......not long ago peeps were saying Dunk was out of form El Abd comes in and plays very well....for whatever reason he didn't play last night ..Dunk comes in and slots back in as though he hadn't missed a game...they are both very good centre backs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here