Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

i swear

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'm not surprised you hate Newhaven if you lived in Gibbon Road, that used to be the worst road in the whole area. I have lived in Denton which is next to Newhaven for 35 years and it's sound.

Denton thats were ya get the bus from opposite the fish shop and the cafe, she lives about 5 mins from there.

I think the pub is called the flying fish, but its never bloody open

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Alice Springs on a Friday night after payday - f***ing hilarious, sunburnt pissed up larrikins out on the hooly, I want to move there

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I wouldn't move to Denton. I've seen A Touch of Frost: people are always getting murdered there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It seems very prominently an English disease. The desire, when drunk, to get violent and hit people.

In over 4 years in Tokyo I've never had even the slightest bit of trouble from any of the locals, who also love getting pissed up, singing in the street and then pass out and throw up in the road. But violence? Never.

Since I've been here I've seen about 4 fights. 3 of them involved pissed up Brits :facepalm: and I saw a right proper mash up involving a group of Turks (another race of drunken violent psychopaths IMO).

Every other nationality seems to be perfectly able to control themselves and this includes the Americans and all the other European countries.

I'm absolutely ashamed of it and was worried about bringing my GF over here last year for fear that she might witness some neanderthal trying to start a fight for no reason......

you missed out the Welsh

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It a thick person thing. They are bored and feel inadequate in some form so turn to violence.

That's my theory anyway! It's all about inadequacy.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
depends where you live in any town though doesnt it - where abouts are you in Ashford? That kind of sh*t happens in every town.
I live in Folkestone and its great, massive festival this weekend, loads of new buildings and projects going on though i wouldnt want to live in many parts of it.
As for New Romney YAWN. ...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
depends where you live in any town though doesnt it - where abouts are you in Ashford? That kind of sh*t happens in every town.

I was going to post a similar thing as I moved to Ashford in the new year. I think I chose the part quite well tbh, probably more by luck than judgement, but have to say so far I'm quite happy with the decision.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I live in Folkestone and its great, massive festival this weekend, loads of new buildings and projects going on though i wouldnt want to live in many parts of it.

Well the BBQ was opposite the college, i live opposite the station pretty much. I hate Ashford with a passion i really cant wait to get away. Just full of idiots looking for a fight most the time, really hard to enjoy a night out unless ya go to a pub that ya pay through the nose at.

I liked some parts of Folkstone i had to live in a b&b there as was made homeless when i split from my ex, but was told to avoid certain parts due to alot of trouble, i went to a pub neat the b&b i was in showed 3d football was pretty cool

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent

I lived in Folkestone for 14 years before moving out to The Marsh and know where I'd rather live. I still work in Cheriton and try to avoid going into Folkestone at all costs, but as you say, it depends on which part of town you live. IMHO Folkestone town centre is a meeting place for the all unemployed, under-age mums and eastern European immigrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here