Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I still don't believe it

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So, we are 2-0 up away at Charlton, one of the alleged favourites to go up this year, and STILL some total and utter FUCKWIT stood behind me is moaning about sideways football from El Abd/Greer/Ankergren

Tosser :facepalm:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Jesus Christ, I didn't realise we had these fuckwits amongst our support until recently. :facepalm:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
After yesterday anyone moaning at Withdean from now on is gonna get it in the neck big time, weve all vowed to let these tossers know they can go and watch someone else if they dont like it, we should all do the same, had some tosser shout "whats all this one touch passing rubbish" behind me last season and he was soundly derided and hasnt said it since but still get people urging them to hoof it!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Every club has them for christ sakes:laugh:
You have to realise that people need to let their anger out at footy matches as the home life isn't to good.:lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I went to Brentford with my mate sometime around 1992/93 (the year they won the league. They were playing good football and winning at the time yet next to me was a muppet who shouted "BOOT IT" every time a defender got the ball.
You get them everywhere and it's best to just ignore them and enjoy the fact that we are playing some of the best football in league one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The thing that really pisses me off is that there is no appreciation of how hard you have to work as a team to achieve tippy tappy football. I think the current team are as hard working as any i have seen in a good few years, getting behind the ball when we lose posession and closing players down.

Look around the pitch and our 'flair' players like Murray and Bennett are putting in serious shifts. They say you have to earn the right to play and we are certainly doing that.

As far as i can see, there are three ways to deal with the moaners

1. Explain the finer points of the game to them

2. Cheer every pass between now and the end of the season so they can't be heard

3. :catfight:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Isn't it great that Poyet just gets hold of keepers who can drop a shoulder to fool an onrushing striker closing him down and sometimes dink a ball over a charging goalman to a centreback in space with his weaker foot. The shotstopping stuff seems secondary and keepers are treated as another attacking force.
I love it, even in moments of terror.

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I'm with you as it does piss me off, surely it's better than just lumping it?

Having said that i mentioned to my brother at the game yesterday that it's taking me time to get used to watching Brighton play this sort of football as i'm just not used to this style of play. At our level it's simply a style of play that is very rare and even rarer that it gets executed so effectively like by us at present.

Keep it up, yesterday was CLASS!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Did anyone else hear the interview with Gus on R5 yesterday afternoon, in the build up to the afternoon games, the interviewer mentioned the 20 or so people who were giving abuse after the Bournemouth game. He produced a really great response about considering that was from a crowd of 7k plus then it really isn't that bad. The criticism seemed to stem from the fact that they wanted to see the ball hoofed up the field, rather than the current brand of close tippy-tappy football...he said that he was more than willing to meet them and explain why the game is being played in that manner, it has after all got the team to the top of the table.

I somehow doubt whether anyone will take him up on the offer, the probably wouldn't have a clue what he was talking about...in fact, I seriously wonder whether they would have a clue about anything.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who moaned at that yesterday might as well piss off now.Jesus,that was one of the best Albion performances in the 34 years i have supported them.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I tunedin on the player a minute or two late and was greeted by the MASSIVE cheers of OLE!

Brilliant reaction to last weeks few moaners and surely Poyet would have loved that.

Hilarious doing that right at the start of a game, we should do it every week.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I had a dad with a bout three kids behind me. The dad was complaining and so of course the kids were copying. I turned to my friend and said very loudly

"I LOVE IT WHEN BRIGHTON PLAY KEEP BALL BECAUSE WITH THE BALL, WE CONTROL THE GAME."

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
"It's just like watching Brazil"
"It's just like watching Brazil"

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
my memory might be going a bit but its been a long time since we played that well.the pride and passion for the clubis on its way back:bhasign: thank you gus poyet and all the players:bhasign:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a complete ARMPIT behind me who was moaning about the passing around the back. Then when took the corner we actually scored from, just as we took it short before was played to Bennett, he was going "oh for fucks sake, thats what we've done to get it up there in the FIRST place".

These people are retarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here