Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I start work again on Monday - So we are having a family day in Worthing tomorrow.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

You can get a direct train from Preston Park now you know.

Can anyone tell me, is the Noddy train running along the seafront yet?

Is there a Costas between the station and the front?

Is there a putting green anywhere?

Cheers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There is the A27 to Arundel and Chichester and the A259 to Bognor Regis, please don't come to my town kicking cyclists or distributing Tory bum paper, keep right on.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
putting green in marine parade, or brooklyns.

Can't imagine why anyone would ever want a family day out in Worthing though. Having grown up there, I spent all my free time getting away from it as much as I could.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Haven't been down there for a while but there was a good newish mini-golf beside the Aquarena. Whilst you're down there take a bag of 2p coins and go on the pier. Cheap as chips, and with dancing monkeys if you're lucky.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
worthing ....lovely day out. :-/

10859311.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would never find any sights like that in Brighton etc etc would you :rolleyes:

Yes there is a Costa by the band stand, Noddy train, not sure but Half term so imagine so, putting green, there is one at Marine Gardens but a fair walk from town, alternatively, down by the gardens near the aquarena by splash point I believe there is (certainly was) one

D

Deleted User X18H

putting green in marine parade, or brooklyns.

Can't imagine why anyone would ever want a family day out in Worthing though. Having grown up there, I spent all my free time getting away from it as much as I could.

The Mrs loves Worthing. The prom is much better for kids than Brighton or Hove. And it is somewhere different. Tomorrow Brighton and Hove will be full of cockerney kids on last day of half hols.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
If your going to the seafront at Worthing make sure to check out Parklife, especially if you have kids. Milkshakes and smoothies made out of ANYTHING. You may have to ask directions from locals on how to get there, i'm rubbish with directions but it's in a little road connecting the town to the seafront. Marcaris along the seafront is brilliant for ice cream. And there is a putting green in Marine Gardens although that is much further along from the main town in Goring although still on the seafront and good 15-20 min walk away.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Parklife is down the side round where Topman/Topshop and the jewellers are

D

Deleted User X18H

If your going to the seafront at Worthing make sure to check out Parklife, especially if you have kids. Milkshakes and smoothies made out of ANYTHING. You may have to ask directions from locals on how to get there, i'm rubbish with directions but it's in a little road connecting the town to the seafront. Marcaris along the seafront is brilliant for ice cream. And there is a putting green in Marine Gardens although that is much further along from the main town in Goring although still on the seafront and good 15-20 min walk away.

Ta!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Actually, Parklife is a very good shout. They do AMAZING cakes.

Depending on the age of your kids, the Lido sometimes has a couple of basic rides/attractions, but for very young children generally. There a few 2p machines in there too if you don't go on the pier. At least there used to be... Everything changes each time I go back.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Can anyone tell me, is the Noddy train running along the seafront yet?

there was a train on prom today, not sure if it was noddy

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Good coffee shop (apart from the usual Neros, Costa etc): Madison's in the Royal Arcade (entrance opposite the pier), and Coast Cafe along by the beach near the Aquarena. Nice eating places down Warwick Street in the town centre, and also Green Cuisine in Rowlands Road (west end of town, but the parking's cheaper down there). Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I dont think the Noddy train is running on Sunday, I heard they don't have a driver but there is one starting Monday :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Parklife is down Bath Place, I think, opposite what was the back entrance of Woolworths. Macaris opposite Iceland do the best Fish and Chips in Worthing to either eat in or take away. We eat in as we are old codgers, as are most of Worthing. As the saying goes Worthing is a lovely place to come from but not he best place to go to.

If you want a beer the best pub is the Hare & Hounds in the road opposite M & S, very good real ale.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I believe that area is part of West Worthing, not Goring-by-Sea.

Indeed. And if you're strolling along the seafront from the pier, it's not THAT far really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here