Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I saw a young woman hitch hiking at the bottom of Springfield Road this morning.

D

Deleted User X18H

She was about 20 quite well dressed and holding a piece of card with 'LONDON' on it.

Had a look as I walked past to see if it looked like that missing girl but she was much older.

You don't see many young women hitch hiking alone , do you?

It's not just women. You don't see anywhere near as many people - male or female - hitch hiking these days.

I once hitched from Athens to London. And a very interesting journey it was.

D

Deleted User X18H

It's not just women. You don't see anywhere near as many people - male or female - hitch hiking these days.

Oh gawd its Uncle Albert.

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
I picked up 3 hitch-hikers last week. All at the same time that is. Two males and a female. They were hippy/students and very grateful for a lift having waited over an hour for a lift outside Brighton.

Not only do you rarely see hitch-hikers but when you do, drivers are reluctant to pick them up. Everyone thinks they are going to be murdered!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I picked up 3 hitch-hikers last week. All at the same time that is. Two males and a female. They were hippy/students and very grateful for a lift having waited over an hour for a lift outside Brighton.

Not only do you rarely see hitch-hikers but when you do, drivers are reluctant to pick them up. Everyone thinks they are going to be murdered!

Are those three still alive m.c.? ???

Dandyman

In London village.
She was about 20 quite well dressed and holding a piece of card with 'LONDON' on it.

Had a look as I walked past to see if it looked like that missing girl but she was much older.

You don't see many young women hitch hiking alone , do you?

Have you let her out of your cellar yet ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder which murders more, the hitchee or the hitcher?

I remember a few hitch-hikers being killed (but not all that many) but don't ever recall reading about a hitcher killing a driver. Were there any cases?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
hitchhiker.jpg

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Me too I only went from Ljubljana to London but did it in about 3 rides, missing out on an offer right through to Berlin! Always regret that, as it was in the days of the Wall, which I've never seen.

The youngsters of today don't understand the old sharing culture which gave you the chance to travel across Europe like that, though it could be hairy at times....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here