Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I require a new MP3 player, recommendations please...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My current one has had enough, thinks it's charging all the time. ???

I don't want anything by Apple, and I'm not looking to spend more than £50 at a push. Ideally I want an 8gb device, but accept I may have to sacrifice space for cost. What are the great and the good on NSC using at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Do you have a phone that can play mp3s? I barely ever use my ipod as I always use my phone.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Do you have a phone that can play mp3s? I barely ever use my ipod as I always use my phone.

Yes, Samsung Galaxy S, the original. It's getting on a bit now though and it is struggling with what I currently have on there as it is, and even when it was new I was extremely unimpressed by the MP3 playing capabilities of it. The only thing that has let it down in my opinion.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You could get a Iomega HipZip from ten years ago and store your songs on 40mb cartridges. Amazing the progress that has been made!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I like the look of that. I need one for my car [leaving the iPod docked at home]. Would the Bluetooth on the player connect with the audio Bluetooth in the car? Thereby saving the need of those debatable radio transmitter devices? Sorry to trouble you but it does not mention on Play site & info is difficult to obtain here.

I've no idea I'm afraid as I don't drive.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here