Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Really do not understand!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Why if the way Gus sets up the team, works against the lesser teams and clearly does not against the better teams, does he not try another approach against the better sides?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Could it simply be the better teams are just better than us?

They are! My point is, we don't even give ourselves a chance against the better teams, no ambition in the way the team is set up. If the opposition score just one goeal, it is game over imo.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
But I think he did this yesterday he set out with a defensive line up which worked in the first half but once we conceded there was no way back with 10 players and the team selected. My opinion he left out any injured players saving them for Coventry pretty much conceding that we would not beat saints so settled for the draw but it back fired. It's standard practice in the premiershit to play for the games you have a chance to win if your not a top 8 team.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
But I think he did this yesterday he set out with a defensive line up which worked in the first half but once we conceded there was no way back with 10 players and the team selected. My opinion he left out any injured players saving them for Coventry pretty much conceding that we would not beat saints so settled for the draw but it back fired. It's standard practice in the premiershit to play for the games you have a chance to win if your not a top 8 team.

So you think he is just after consolidation this season?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We were never gonna get anything realistically. However im getting f***ed off with this no shots on target bullshit.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The lack of creativity is a problem. Lua Lua has not taken any of his brief chances so far but surely he is due a game or a longer time off the bench. 1 win in 12 you would of thought this would of happened.

Obviously dont like losing but come on, lets have a go

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

I too was curious as to whether this game was 0-0 or give up. the thought had crossed my mind that gus chose between losing to southampton and the injured players getting injured again. And just losing to southampton. I thought when the team was annouced, we haved saved all our players for next week. Might pay off, three big games in a week. looking for 5-7 points. Probably would have taken the same course of action myself on fifa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here