Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I rang the council early this morning and advised they close off The Drove

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Did they? Did they f***.

Two cars stuck on the really steep part above Kingsley Road and below Hampstead. RAC have already told one guy the cannot come out to him due to the terrain and gradient !

This council yes I know they are Tory but its that bloody Mears and her awful corrupt family.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I expect if the council acted on every little do-gooders advice f*** all roads would be open but hey ho

D

Deleted User X18H

I expect if the council acted on every little do-gooders advice f*** all roads would be open but hey ho

This is The Drove Beachy the steepest and most desirable hill in Brighton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's desirable about living on a road you can't drive up?

D

Deleted User X18H

Was the cyclist you punched in the Argus earlier this week ?

That's fairly bad taste and he wasn't a cyclist . Come to Brighton and Hove find out whats going learn the facts but don't stay too long its expensive.,

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
This is The Drove Beachy the steepest and most desirable hill in Brighton

Desirable for sledging. Least desirable if you wish to be able to walk to your house.

Also, you'd have to be pretty dumb to attempt driving down there today.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
:drama:

Still, at least he's got another scintilating local anecdote to base his next blog on.

Can't wait.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No! Do you think that the council (even this council) would make the steepest hill in Brighton one way in an upwards direction?

Just imagine how exclusive that would be. It would add TENS of THOUSANDS to your house value. perhaps you should suggest it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No! Do you think that the council (even this council) would make the steepest hill in Brighton one way in an upwards direction?

Steeper than Southover Street ???

I imagine the council have caller display and as soon as they see your number they act accordingly

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
So the whole of The Drove is one way down? I thought it was much more that just the steep bit. And I am sure the rest of it is not a dead level 1:1 stretch of road therefore making it a hill

And anyway what sort of idiot would drive down there in weather like this? Common sense more than a council "road closed" sign is needed

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was masoosive fun when it was a two way street and you were able to drive up and down it. Sadly I am one of very few on here to have done it. Probably. :down:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've learnt to read every thread started by HB&B - the way people pile in with comments genuinely makes me chuckle :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here