Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Predict A Riot...........

Beijing 2008 Olympic Torch Relay
London, Sunday 6 April 2008

With London being one of the main refuges of exiled Tibetans, but also a sizeable pro Chinese Goverment population here. And our anarchists, SWP and I protest over everything crew being silent over the last 24 months or so.

I reckon there could be fun on Sunday - though it won't make a blind bit of difference. It should never have gone to China, but then what can you expect from an unelected body such as the IOC?

"London will welcome the Olympic Flame on Sunday 6 April 2008, as part of the global Olympic Torch Relay in the run up to the Beijing Olympic Games.

The torch will travel through ten London boroughs from Wembley to Greenwich, with each borough marking its arrival with entertainment and local events, bringing London's colour and vibrancy to life.

The Torch Relay in London ends at a grand finale at the Arena at North Greenwich climaxing with the spectacle of the arrival of the final torchbearer and the lighting of the Olympic Cauldron.

The Olympic flame will be carried through London by 80 torchbearers including double Olympic gold medal winner Dame Kelly Holmes and England cricketer Kevin Pieterson."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I doubt it will be alight at the end of the run.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hope you are insured?

Not a riot a such but a disturbance, which meant th etorch had to go by bus?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here