Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I-pods or things like them

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I've got a Creative Zen. It's bloomin' marvellous. I use Napster for a lot of my music. You can "rent" umlimited tunes for £14.95 a month, but soon as you stop paying, so does the music.

Of course you can still download stuff from Limewire etc...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
What's so bad about the video function?

Nothing its brilliant and a piece of piss to get working and use, infact I'm watching some music videos I downloaded from youTube last night RIGHT NOW !!!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
REDLAND said:
Nothing its brilliant and a piece of piss to get working and use, infact I'm watching some music videos I downloaded from youTube last night RIGHT NOW !!!

I would have said that the video side of things with the IPOD wa shit until Redders points me towards DownloadHelper to pinch stuff form Youtube, now I think its an essential part of an ipod. :clap2:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Also you can play games on ya iPod as well now. Ive got a great version of Tetris running at the moment buts theres loads more you can play !!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
http://shopguides.msn.com/shoptime1234/CreativeZenVsAppleIpod

What I recommend: Overall, I think that the Apple iPod is still light years ahead of the Creative Zen. Apple is continuing with new innovation each day. The Apple iPod Video is still the leading product in my opinion. It never hurts to have a little competition though.

NUFF SAID !!

Last edited:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
I want ot by an I-pod. Or an mp3 player or some kind of small personal music player where I can store loads of songs and download songs off the net on to. Any reccomendations? I'm a simpleton when it comes to technology so nothing thats too difficult to use, please.

Thank you!:)

Go to Akihabara and spend all weekend blowing your mind on the multitude of electronic goodies available.

I'd go for an iPod myself at the Apple store in Ginza or Shibuya.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Re: Re: I-pods or things like them

Toronto Seagull said:
Go to Akihabara and spend all weekend blowing your mind on the multitude of electronic goodies available.

That was my plan. Akiba's only a ten minute bike ride away (as opposed to ginza's 25) so I'll go there. Might go for a nice cheap second hand one...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
REDLAND said:
This is EXACTLY the reason why I'd never have anything BUT an iPod, Tinx is spot on as well !!

You know iPods sold in the EU are volume limited, right?

My now very old Zen has taken massive falls, is run for ~8-12 hours a day (spend most of the day in work using it, and the journey to/from), battery still does three days after two years of being run dry and recharged twice a week. Hard drive still works fine despite the falls, case is only mildly scuffed, and the original headphones, which are way better than the ones Apple ship, still work too.

1066gull

Microsoft Zune is a piss poor attempt at the Ipod.

Ipod pisses all over Zune. FACT!

:D

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sort of on topic, but can anyone also recomend a decent make/model of earphones for these things. I listem to a lot of rock music on my MP3, so like it loud, but as a commuter, and a nice person, I am very very conscious of the VERY f***ing IRRITATING noise emiting from some peoples PERSONAL music systems.

Anyone know some good earphones that do not have too much external sound ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Adriodinho said:

And there's the definitve proof that ipod's are for the clueless.

I have a 30gb creative vision m. It is really easy to use, has a nice screen. I have loads of songs, photos and video on it, in fact i use it to play stuff i've downloaded off the internet on my tv.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
pasty said:
Sort of on topic, but can anyone also recomend a decent make/model of earphones for these things. I listem to a lot of rock music on my MP3, so like it loud, but as a commuter, and a nice person, I am very very conscious of the VERY f***ing IRRITATING noise emiting from some peoples PERSONAL music systems.

These are the babies I treated myself to a few weeks ago, great bit of kit imo. Fit in the ear canal so block out all other noise, and you don't need the volume up nearly as loud. You will need to adjust the equaliser settings, I'm a rock lover myself, but they are a very bassy earphone. Dont come with any case, just the phones, and three diffrent size plugs (for different size ears) and lets the phones speak for themselves

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000E6G9RI/026-9352575-8726064

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
pasty said:

Sony MDR-EX71's the DADS choice

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews71993.html

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Adriodinho said:

As usual, you are talking utter crap.

I'm pretty sure you've not even seen a Zune, let alone got one. Actually you probably don't even have an iPod.

You just don't like Microsoft cos Vista buggered up your PC. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rio - dogs bollocks but sadly they don't make them anymore :down:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Virgo's Haircut said:

I'm pretty sure you've not even seen a Zune, let alone got one. Actually you probably don't even have an iPod.

Hes right on this one, microsoft are a truely terrable company ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6120272.stm

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I-Pods...Gods gift to Music Lovers!

thank f*** I'm an atheist :jester:

I-Pods are alright if you just want something thats OK, if you're willing to shop around then start here:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/

Last edited:

1066gull

Virgo's Haircut said:

I don't like Microsoft full stop.

Hands up if you you use 'Hotmale'?

See, its so easy to be a Bill Gates bum boy.

Last edited:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Adriodinho said:
I don't like Microsoft full stop.

Hands up if you you use 'Hotmale'?

See, its so easy to be a Bill Gates bum boy.

Any whats wrong with Bill Gates exactly. Apart from him being the richest man on the planet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here