Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
My phone.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I watched the gadget show on Channel 5 on monday night and they did a head to hea dcomparison of the latest ipod video and the new creative vision thingy and the ipod came out on top for useability, sound quality, appearance. The creative came out on top for video compatibity and screen quality.

May find it of use

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you're asking as you're thinking of buying then it might pay to hang on a while as new iPods are not far away (again).

Anyway - iPods rock.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know we have it often and I have been guilty of asking before but going to buy one at the weekend and wanted last minute advice.

When is the new on out Bozza? Worth waiting for?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All sorts of rumours as to when and what the new iPod will be like.

Check out this:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/10/so-this-is-the-video-ipod-eh/

I have the current (5G) iPod which is the "video" iPod. I don't really use the video much, if at all, and use it 95% for music.

If you're likely to be the same - take the plunge now. As with any technology you can always wait for something better, smaller and cheaper but if you want something, have the cash - you generally might as well make the jump.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
They are supposed to be making an announcement on a new ipod within the next few weeks so I'd hang on if I was you, rumour is that it was be a much bigger screen for watching video on and stuff like that. But the size of the unit should remain about the same. If it is all that they rumour it to be it sounds pretty damn cool.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bozza said:
All sorts of rumours as to when and what the new iPod will be like.

Check out this:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/10/so-this-is-the-video-ipod-eh/

I have the current (5G) iPod which is the "video" iPod. I don't really use the video much, if at all, and use it 95% for music.

If you're likely to be the same - take the plunge now. As with any technology you can always wait for something better, smaller and cheaper but if you want something, have the cash - you generally might as well make the jump.

Thats looks MINT.

What sort of price will it be SHIFTED at?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Normally ipods remain the same price so likely a 30Gb at 210 and a 60Gb at 299

or maybe slightly more but not a lot

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who knows? Might be back to the old £300/£400 price points (depending on drive size) given all they're supposed to be bunging in it.

But if they're shifting 4 million or so units a quarter - there's a lot of economies of scale available there...

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
You may as well ask 'Are you prepared to admit that there is something with much better sound quality than an I-Pod, or are you a sheep'.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Zen is physically sturdier, works with more software than the iPod and allows drag and drop file additions; its also cheaper and far less of a mugging target. And the included headphones are much, much better than those Apple include.

But I'd go for an iRiver at the iPod's money. And before someone claims it again... iRiver existed for two years before the iPod, so its not a name rip off.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
agree with all who say iriver:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here