Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need words of guidance from a policeman.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
What I find really stupid is drivers chatting away on their mobiles when they have a passenger in the car. Are you tha thick you can't get your mate to take the call while you get on with the important task of WATCHING WHERE YOU'RE f***ing GOING.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am determined to tap on their window and deliver a classic rebuke.

BUT, tempting as it is, I don't want to pretend to be an off duty police officer as this would be illegal.

So what, do you think they're going to dial 999 and say "Hi, police please, I was just driving along the road texting away on my phone, when some guy just told me off and said he was a copper"?

???

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So what, do you think they're going to dial 999 and say "Hi, police please, I was just driving along the road texting away on my phone, when some guy just told me off and said he was a copper"?

???

Maybe they'll save time by phoning 'em up whilst they're driving?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Take a chill pill?

Tuning the radio is just as distracting but isn't an offence, explain that one to me?

There's no need for a specific offence: if you crashed your car because you were fiddling with the radio, or rolling a cigarette, or eating a kebab, there's a nice cover-all offence called careless or inconsiderate driving that you can be charged with
:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe they'll save time by phoning 'em up whilst they're driving?

:thumbsup:

I'm sure there was a guy in court recently- a taxi driver springs to mind- charged with a driving offence because he was whacking one out while driving. I won't laugh because I have a feeling he killed or seriously injured someone in the process.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm sure there was a guy in court recently- a taxi driver springs to mind- charged with a driving offence because he was whacking one out while driving. I won't laugh because I have a feeling he killed or seriously injured someone in the process.

I hate to think what the headline-writers, ahem, came up with..

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
???

Shit, and I thought impersonating a police office was serious stuff. So, way to go.

I know that police officers have a classic line for all occasions (wheres the fire?), so what to use on this occasion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shit, and I thought impersonating a police office was serious stuff. So, way to go.

I know that police officers have a classic line for all occasions (wheres the fire?), so what to use on this occasion.

That's more for people who con their way into old ladies' houses to nick their money, or for other nefarious purposes, isn't it? I can't honestly say your average copper would find it anything less than mildly amusing if you shocked some thoughtless woman into putting her phone down by briefly claiming to be the law- it's not as though you stand to gain from it is it?

As for witty retorts, well they probably all get recycled time & time again so I won't bore you ;o)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Do nothing,keep your nose out of other peoples Business,and go on your way,it dont affect you,so whats the problem?

When you say it doesn't affect you - when someone kills you, your wife/kid because they were on a mobile you might think a little differently.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have noticed recently more and more people driving with big headphones on listening to ipod/mps players. I hope its their family members who die because a fire engine or ambulance gets held up because they dont here it coming. At least if people have music loud in their car there is still a good chance of hearing sirens.

Are deaf people allowed to drive then?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He said when he was sitting in traffic,so either they aint moving or are bumper to bumper,so would have hard job dont you think.

As you are obviously missing the second brain cell, let me explain it simply for you.

The motorist, still on the phone, moves off from the traffic queue and runs over your mother who he fails to notice has stepped onto a crossing.

Perhaps at your mental age you need a picture book, rather than a reasoned explanation.

larus

As you are obviously missing the second brain cell, let me explain it simply for you.

The motorist, still on the phone, moves off from the traffic queue and runs over your mother who he fails to notice has stepped onto a crossing.

Perhaps at your mental age you need a picture book, rather than a reasoned explanation.

Please explain your logic here.

Is it because the motorist is TALKING that is going to mean the he/she won't concentrate, and will therefore runs his mother over, or is it because he/she is holding one hand to the side of his/her face?

So, it either needs to be made illegal to talk to anyone else in the car when driving, or that both hands must be on the steering wheel at all times and you can't scratch the side of your face, pick your nose or whatever other habit you want.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

lol so now your changing what you saying/seeing , hmm so for the make believe bit of,they drive off and kill a kid,maybe my make believe bit is,they drive off and put the phone down,but either way,people like your self,who dont speed for instance,never done nothing wrong,but to happy to criticise others,should dont worry about other peoples business.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
lol so now your changing what you saying/seeing , hmm so for the make believe bit of,they drive off and kill a kid,maybe my make believe bit is,they drive off and put the phone down,but either way,people like your self,who dont speed for instance,never done nothing wrong,but to happy to criticise others,should dont worry about other peoples business.

If you've ever been to a mental institution you will know how difficult it is to have a reasoned conversation with the in mates. And if you think I'm daft enough to rise to a wind up dont bother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here