Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need words of guidance from a policeman.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I am fed up sitting in traffic queues looking across at BMW drivers or young mums talking away on their mobiles without a twinge of conscience.

I am determined to tap on their window and deliver a classic rebuke.

BUT, tempting as it is, I don't want to pretend to be an off duty police officer as this would be illegal.

So, what dressing down could I give that will stop them in their tracks?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Take a photo of them and e-mail it to the nearest rozzers

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am fed up sitting in traffic queues looking across at BMW drivers or young mums talking away on their mobiles without a twinge of conscience.

I am determined to tap on their window and deliver a classic rebuke.

BUT, tempting as it is, I don't want to pretend to be an off duty police officer as this would be illegal.

So, what dressing down could I give that will stop them in their tracks?

I had the nightmare of a young girl laughing like a Jackass steering her 2.5 litre 4X4 one handed round a roundabout in front of me with 3 kids in the back.

Some people ( normally White Van, Business man, Young Girlys) seem oblivious and uncaring and when you point or shout they either ignore you or give you verbals back despite them being in the wrong.

The Police need to start naming and shaming and I think increasing the penalty from points + Fine to an automatic ban, f*** them if they lose their jobs or they have to walk the kids to school !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Take a chill pill?

Tuning the radio is just as distracting but isn't an offence, explain that one to me?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Take a chill pill?

Tuning the radio is just as distracting but isn't an offence, explain that one to me?

Last year, there were 23 fatal accidents, as well as 64 serious-injury and 259 slight-injury accidents, involving illegal mobile phone use.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
words of guidance from a police officer ?

evening sir step outside of your vehicle please and throw yourself on to the bonnet of said bmw screaming like a bitch as you capture the whole event on your cam phone ,send clip to us at wedontgiveatoss.co.uk and wait 2 years for a tardy reply.

All videos recieved will be laughed at by our crack team of insurance claim investigators and sent on to the bbc thus boosting our end of year pissup fund.

hope thats helped a little

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I find sitting behind them or next to them and giving 1 quick blast on the horn usually causes them to hang up or drop it in embarrasment thinking its a police car sitting there.

This is a good alternative:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Take a chill pill?

You can tune your car radio while keeping two hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road these days.. unless you drive a Trabant ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm more distracted by singing songs whilst I'm driving than of others using their mobiles, I'M the danger on the road!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm more distracted by singing songs whilst I'm driving than of others using their mobiles, I'M the danger on the road!

great choice of avatar in your condition .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Last year, there were 23 fatal accidents, as well as 64 serious-injury and 259 slight-injury accidents, involving illegal mobile phone use.

And how many accident's caused by fiddling with the radio?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can tune your car radio while keeping two hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road these days.. unless you drive a Trabant ?

Not really true that is it....although I've always had old bangers to be fair to you. I can't see the difference between looking down away from the road fiddling with the radio which is allowed, smoking a cigarette whilst driving which is also allowed and talking to the speaking clock on your mobile (or a friend if you've got one) which you can't.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not really true that is it.

er, it has been on my last two cars and one of them was on a '99 plate.. so you don't have steering column radio controls ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Police need to start naming and shaming and I think increasing the penalty from points + Fine to an automatic ban, f*** them if they lose their jobs or they have to walk the kids to school !

Agreed. Increase it to 6 Points -might make people think twice.

The ones that REALLY piss me off are those who TEXT whilst driving - far worse than talking IMO

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
er, it has been on my last two cars and one of them was on a '99 plate.. so you don't have steering column radio controls ?

No I don't, I don't think all cars are fitted with them even now....I'm just feeling arguementative tonight so take no notice of me.

In response to Uncle C's origional post, he could always phone the police:wink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have radio controls on a 2000 plate.
...and I don't on my 2002 plate, but that doesn't really answer the question to those who havent got steering wheel (radio) controls and don't use their mobiles but do listen to the radio on the move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here