Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need to make some extra money

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
As the title states, I need some extra cash, but not getting anywhere. Could anyone offer any suggestions? (clean please...) :)

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
Sort out your loft/garage etc and do a car boot sale or similar, really depends how much you need to make and how quickly you need to make it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
i know a few people who buy stuff at either car boot sales or charity shops and flog it on ebay. ive tried it and you can make alot of money just by walking around for a couple of hours.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Set up a window cleaning round on your weekends.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Become a man whore.

Go to the boot faire at Brighton Station car park on Sunday, after digging out every big or small item you don't need/use/want.
You'll need to arrive BEFORE 5 a.m., and you can't think about leaving until after 3 p.m. - but if you really do need fast cash than that's the best way asap.

I did it, to get rid of some excess things I'd accumulated over the past couple of years, and went away about £250 heavier. I sold almost everything I took along.
You will need a fold-away table to display your stuff - I had a decorators wallpaper 'booking' table, which I even sold for a few quid at the end!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Go to the boot faire at Brighton Station car park on Sunday, after digging out every big or small item you don't need/use/want.
You'll need to arrive BEFORE 5 a.m., and you can't think about leaving until after 3 p.m. - but if you really do need fast cash than that's the best way asap.

I did it, to get rid of some excess things I'd accumulated over the past couple of years, and went away about £250 heavier. I sold almost everything I took along.
You will need a fold-away table to display your stuff - I had a decorators wallpaper 'booking' table, which I even sold for a few quid at the end!

This is a good way to make fast cash. I sold all my old Subbuteo gear for about 200 quid plus cash from other bits and pieces a few years ago. Well worth considering. Can be bit of a laugh too.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Bit difficult to offer advice without knowing what you do currently and,to use recruitment speak, what your skills, knowledge and experience are.

What do you like doing, particularly hobbies wise. Think about how these might be transformed into some cash earning activity - then you'll both have more cash and enjoy what you are doing.

I am developing an idea from one of my hobbies to run alongside normal work (top secret coz as far as I can establish through internet searching, no-one else is offering this service) which in the short term might generate some extra cash and in the long-term allow me to no longer work for anyone else.

Other than that, selling stuff you already have through car boots, ebay etc seems the most reliable way.

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
Along similar lines im actually due to do a car boot on sunday i was thinking of doing the shoreham airport one but after reading NMH's post maybe i should go to the brighton one??? anyone got any suggestions of the best (fairly local) car boot this sunday, which is normally busiest and best for buyers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here