Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need some sax

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Not the greatest sax but still a superb example of just how good Roxy Music were (check out Brian Eno on the synthesiser). And all of this was 35 years ago!

[yt]3UODv3aCVxg[/yt]

:bowdown:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bloody awful instrument - the only player I can bear listening to is Nik Turner of Hawkwind who turned it into something very different to the Gerry Rafferty etc. sound - have a listen to You Shouldn't Do That for example.....

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The greatest peice of Sax playing EVER has to be King Curtis and his rendition of Whiter Shade of Pale. Pure unadulterated genius.. Available on the withnail and I soundtrack. Everytime I listen to it it takes me to heaven.

Second is John Coltrane--A love Supreme.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The greatest peice of Sax playing EVER has to be King Curtis and his rendition of Whiter Shade of Pale. Pure unadulterated genius.. Available on the withnail and I soundtrack. Everytime I listen to it it takes me to heaven.

QUOTE]

Great choice

[yt]mdQ7Dohf4V[/yt]

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

QUOTE]

Great choice

[yt]mdQ7Dohf4VI[/yt]

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Pretty much every Zutons song has Sax on if you happen to like them, although I'm not buying it on principle.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Got agree with Clarence Clemons, too many great pieces to mention but Jungleland tops the list.

(did like the King Curtis whiter shade of pale though)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pretty much every Zutons song has Sax on if you happen to like them, although I'm not buying it on principle.

due to a FIT saxophonist i must say - Miss Abi Harding

71233490.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Got agree with Clarence Clemons, too many great pieces to mention but Jungleland tops the list.

(did like the King Curtis whiter shade of pale though)

In that case I apologise for having a swipe at you in the other thread :D

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Duran Duran's 'Rio' has a sax break in it before Simon Le Bon sings the 'Hey now, wooo, look at that' line.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton's finest - The Piranhas - Saxophone. Not even going to bother to look for a YouTube as there is no chance. But it was a great piss-take, mainly of Baker Street.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just before they became a shit parody of themselves

[yt]r8MhpofxMgk[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here