Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need a website designed

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Sorry guys I know this is entirely not Albion related but I'm after a website design company/person. What I need is kind of an online showroom with click and buy/checkout facilities. If anyone knows anyone local who might be able to help, please let me know, cheers

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Try Firebrand, ask for a chap called Van Cameron, he is very good and reasonably priced

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
CWTDIGITAL

CWT Digital - who we are

Adam is who you need to speak with (not me but a friend).

Lovely bloke and based in brighton.

Hope that helps

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been doing web development for 15 years but I'm not here to offer my services as I am too busy.

Just wanted to give you a few pointers.

Make sure the coding/front end complies to WCAG 2.0 and W3C
Is compatible with all browsers including the Mac versions
You can update your web site yourself
You only buy the webspace you need, don't buy 3gigs when you only need 50mb and that you get a guaranteed 99% uptime.
Don't pay over the odds for domain names (.co.uk about £6 for two years at 1-2-3 Reg.co.uk)
Server space is also very competitively priced but make sure it is reliable.

Just a few things off the top of my head. Happy hunting!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Been doing web development for 15 years but I'm not here to offer my services as I am too busy.

Just wanted to give you a few pointers.

Make sure the coding/front end complies to WCAG 2.0 and W3C
Is compatible with all browsers including the Mac versions
You can update your web site yourself
You only buy the webspace you need, don't buy 3gigs when you only need 50mb and that you get a guaranteed 99% uptime.
Don't pay over the odds for domain names (.co.uk about £6 for two years at 1-2-3 Reg.co.uk)
Server space is also very competitively priced but make sure it is reliable.

Just a few things off the top of my head. Happy hunting!

True because to begin with you will only get a few visitors.

Yep he can get a domain from 123reg. I have not found anyone cheaper, or anyone else I can trust.

If he does get some relatively cheap web space, he can install his own cart such as oscommerce or something similar for free.
Some of these control panels as you know, allow you to install these scripts automatically without having to set up a database or anything like that.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I use a company called easyspace Web Hosting Services from Easyspace for the domain name and hosting of the website I set up for the cycling club my daughter rides for. I created the website myself using a free template I found on the website. It is probably not the most flash website out there, but it does the job for the club and it was free for them as far as design and just costs me my time. I had never created a website before so it was a good learning experiece as well. Plus doing it myself, I know how to keep it up to date. Palmer Park Velo Home

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If you want online video made for your products give me a shout. I'm updating my site with flashier after effects grahpics to try and get in on this market :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here