Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I need a holiday. Any suggestions?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Late season snow, head for Tignes or Les Deux Alpes. Nightlife just the same as any sun drenched resort and this time of year the tan comes on nicely!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Lancing beach is quite sunny this time of year. You could do a spot of beach hut jumping and then pop up to The Merry Monk for a quiet pint and some friendly banter with the locals.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Phaedrus said:
Lancing beach is quite sunny this time of year. You could do a spot of beach hut jumping and then pop up to The Merry Monk for a quiet pint and some friendly banter with the locals.

Failing that try Southwick Beach for some Arm jumping and beers in Waves (La Cala), also theres a sand beach too! (not many people know that so keep it stum)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Avoid Falmer, it's not really an area of great natural beauty as advertised.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
the artic is nicde ..plenty of ice beachs and sunny

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Menorca..

If you have two kids, aim for Cala n Bosch which is the East of the island and absolutely beautiful. the beach is excellent for kids, slopes gently. the evenings are based around the marina which has around 20 restaurants catering for all tastes and especially good for kids.

If you PM me, I have photo's I can tell you the link for. ( good English!!)

Dave

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I agree with shingle. Can't go far wrong with the Red Sea. Went to Sharm last June, temp in the high 40's & not a drop of rain, excellent snorkeling & diving. Off to Nuweiba in 9 weeks for more underwater adventures, so don't go there, PLEASE.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
your life is one big holiday mate.

Bloody taxi drivers

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sorry big guy. I won't say anything about the Maldives in November then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't go far wrong in The Canaries. If you went to Tenerife you could always visit the Albion-friendly Marina Tavern in Playa De Las Americas. And if your kids are really little, Menorca's got nice & safe gently sloping beaches where you can wade out about half a mile and still be only up to yer ankles. Sea might not be all that warm this time of year but little kids never seem to notice for some reason. Why IS that?

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Go on Neilsons website. They do activity holidays at beach resorts all over the place, and cater well for kids as well. Went to Grenada and Turkey with them last year.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
you really can't go wrong in turkey or morocca (essaouira) or egypt this time of year.

best advice as noted above: find your rough travel dates, go online (expedia, last minute, cheapflights etc) and pop down the travel agents, you'll get an absolute bargain. last year about this team 10 days in herghada egypt for about £120, was excellent. failing that, go to ryanair or easyjet and pick somewhere south of france or italy, probably cost you about £70 return.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Tom Hark said:
If you went to Tenerife you could always visit the Albion-friendly Marina Tavern in Playa De Las Americas.
This one Tom?

Marina_bar.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here