Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I must be missing something ....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
.... why would you suddenly give up supporting your team after 40 years especially given we're top of the league AND soon to move to The Amex ???

Strange person alert !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Odd - I recognise him as i'm sure most on here do. Surely he should just get a ST at the Amex and enjoy it - not follow Lewes FFS?!?!?!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Recognise him, and was talking to a mate about him on saturday who told me he was stopping after 40 years non stop.
Apparently a very nice guy, but perhaps 40 years without fail is a bit over the top (IMO).

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Surely it must be difficult after watching over 1000 away games and who knows how many home games, to suddenly follow Lewes! Surely you would at least wait until the Amex opens, although it's none of my business to be honest

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Maybe he's just retired and can't afford it on his pension?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He can't stand the bandwagoners apparently.

He preferred it when we were shit and had a hardcore of support...now he has to listen to a bunch of pricks who supported Man U until a few months ago telling him how loyal they are to the Albion.

..I must be missing something ....
I think you're missing the fact that he won't be attending every away game.
Will no doubt still go to a few aways, and be a STH at Falmer (where does it state he won't be?)
Of all the times I've seen this guy at a match, he's always worn a jacket (men of a certain age won't wear anything else). However, I find it hard to believe he hasn't missed a single away game in 40 years. Illness? Bereavement? Transport breakdowns? I couldn't even manage a single season, coach didn't turn up a Worthing to go to Bolton c.1978!
Mind you, I know he badly injured a leg near the end of one recent season (at Meadow Lane?), but he still turned up hobbling around Shrewsbury at the next game!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Surely its a good thing if kids are dumping their manure shirts for stripes?

Its the next generation of fans that will keep this club going :bhasign:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think you're missing the fact that he won't be attending every away game.
Will no doubt still go to a few aways, and be a STH at Falmer (where does it state he won't be?)
Of all the times I've seen this guy at a match, he's always worn a jacket (men of a certain age won't wear anything else). However, I find it hard to believe he hasn't missed a single away game in 40 years. Illness? Bereavement? Transport breakdowns? I couldn't even manage a single season, coach didn't turn up a Worthing to go to Bolton c.1978!
Mind you, I know he badly injured a leg near the end of one recent season (at Meadow Lane?), but he still turned up hobbling around Shrewsbury at the next game!

You may well be right - having just re-read it he many mean away games only. The article is so badly written it's hard to tell.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He must have done all the league grounds less the teams promoted from the BSP we have never played which is Dagenham, Accrington, Burton, Stevenage and Morecambe by my reckoning?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not vaguely suprised that he's single.

Obsessional too. I defy any of you to say that over the last few years there aren't away games that you could quite easily have gone to but you thought "f*** it I don't fancy this one on a cold early December in the pissing rain". It appears this chap has just gone "Ah f*** it what the hell, I'll go anyway" :shock:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Surely it must be difficult after watching over 1000 away games and who knows how many home games, to suddenly follow Lewes! Surely you would at least wait until the Amex opens, although it's none of my business to be honest

He doesn't go to Withdean

, and be a STH at Falmer (where does it state he won't be?)
However, I find it hard to believe he hasn't missed a single away game in 40 years. Illness? Bereavement? Transport breakdowns?

Spoke to him at the Plymouth away game, he reckoned that was his 999th consecutive away game, and he planned to pack it in after Tranmere.

Oh, and he used to work for British Rail, so he has a gratuity rail pass I believe.

Oh, and he always [used to] carry a plastic bag with him as well as wear a suit.

You may well be right - having just re-read it he many mean away games only. The article is so badly written it's hard to tell.

As far as I could understand [if you speak to him you'll know what I mean], he hasn't been to a home game for a long time, and I'm not 100% sure he plans to get a ST for Falmer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Compared to his other obsession, the 40 years of away games, seems quite normal.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its obviously been an addiction and i would presume its the scenario of all or nothing,bloody fair play to him though and if i was the chairman i would give him a free season ticket to the amex:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here