Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I met two Arsenal STHs last night

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
who both live in Brighton. They've always supported Arsenal, but keep popping up to the Amex to have a look and are now thinking about cancelling their arsenal season tickets and getting Brighton ones. Now I've never really understood how you can change your allegiance so easily but surely this shows how easily the season tickets should sell out? There must be LOADS of people like this.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They probably realise Arsenal are never going to win anything.If they are from Brighton i suppose they treat them as a second team anyway.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The NIMBYs argument of only needing a 5000 seat stadium are looking a little silly at the moment-the lost generations are returning.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I suspect that there will be a fair number of prem fans defecting to the Albion next season. It's cheaper, at the moment we are exciting and for many just a less soul destroying experience. Supporting Arsenal must be a whole load of fun at the moment. :)

If these 'new' fans hang around for a couple of years then Brighton will end up being their main team and the Arse, Chelsea, West Ham etc just a team that can follow on tv.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know a West Ham fan in Crowborough who wants to watch football nearer home and who is excited by what's happeing at Brighton. Has always followed - but not supported - Brighton. Been to the odd game. Has two season tickets at West Ham, but is booked in to buy STs at The Amex.

As you say, I think there will be a lot of this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have two West Ham fans and a Spurs fan amongst our group of +3's.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
At least these people are eventually seeing sense!

Sep 1, 2010
It's great having the interest but the down side is that amongst some of those will be some hideous mouthy baboons that have watched far too much Sky Sports

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have bought tickets for 3 Man U, and know a Gills fan who has picked up another 3. All local who never really go and watch their own (Old?) team.

If the footy remains good this could be the start of a very healthy trend for us.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
most people really just want a good afternoon out and watch some footy, excitement, and shout some abuse / have a laugh.

2 hours off the trip, costs saving, and to watch a poyet team is appealling to anyone in sussex who supports a london club.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It's going to be so shit next season if we're all surrounded by supporters who spend the whole afternoon worrying about Premiershit fixtures and commenting on the game in a Sky Sports style. I'd happily take a few thousand less seats sold if it reduced these idiots!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I know two Chelsea STHs who have 'dumped' them for us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We've also got a gooner in our group of ST's. He's been to maybe half a dozen games with us over the last 2 seasons and decided to get an ST now :thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would presume most of these premier league fans never watch them anyway so if you live local its the best option.

The amount of so called fans that support liverpool etc are just armchair fans anyway,they only contribute by paying the sky bill each month:D

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's going to be so shit next season if we're all surrounded by supporters who spend the whole afternoon worrying about Premiershit fixtures and commenting on the game in a Sky Sports style. I'd happily take a few thousand less seats sold if it reduced these idiots!
Very small minority:)

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I know loads of people who are prem "fans" but want to get a season ticket at falmer next season or at least come along to a few more games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here